GPS Bulldozer Operator
Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: April 9, 2021
GPS Bulldozer Operator Kissimmee FL or surrounding area
Jr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds roads, bridges and
highways that connect our communities! We are seeking passionate
individuals eager to apply their skills to take their career to the
next level. You must be able to work on several types of power
construction equipment, such as front end loader, roller,
bulldozer, or excavator in order to move, excavate and grade earth,
erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavements.
JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil construction
firms in the state with over 900 employees, while still retaining a
family business atmosphere. We'll respect your hard work and treat
you like family.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such
as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and
depress pedals to operate such stated machines.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards
- Align machines with reference stakes and guidelines or ground
or position equipment, following hand signals of other
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, and materials, using
trucks, crawler tractors, shovels, graders, or related
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning
or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew
- Learn and follow safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 recent years' experience running, maneuvering, driving, and
navigating equipment such as bulldozer, excavators, rollers, and
- Must have previous GPS Dozer experience.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, and
- Osha 10 certified, preferred.
- Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in
varying weather conditions. Regularly works near heavy equipment
and moving machinery.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high
asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with
a construction project.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on
construction sites such as grease, gasoline, diesel fuel and hot
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects weighting up
to 50 lbs. Use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support
over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands)
and multi-limb coordination
Join the Team! At JDC, we believe that our employees are the reason
for our success. JDC provides rewarding and challenging careers,
encourages professional growth and strives to help each employee
achieve their full potential.
Company Benefits: We don't just want to tell employees we care
about them; we show it. That's why we offer a comprehensive and
competitive package to our employees:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complementary Wellness Clinic services
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride
ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer and is actively recruiting women and
minorities for all open positions.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Orlando , GPS Bulldozer Operator, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!