Assistant Manager-Restaurant operations-Japan Pavilion @ EPCOT
Company: MITSUKOSHI (U.S.A.), INC.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is responsible for the smooth and efficient
operations in the Japan Pavilion Restaurants. This position must
fulfill the Company's philosophy "OMOTENASHI"; ensuring Japanese
"Hospitality with Sincerity" and we treat each Guest as a guest in
*Essential job Functions: *
- Sell our menus successfully to Guests and offer them OMOTENASHI
service at all times.
- Meet or exceed sales goals as set by Management.
- Have complete knowledge of menus.
- Infuses every aspect of sales activities and Guest contacts with
spirit of OMOTENASHI.
- Gives advice to employees on sales tactics regarding food and
- Demonstrates constant understanding of the synergy between
successful food & beverage and excellent sales activities (one plus
one is greater than two); with the result being overwhelming Guest
satisfaction with OMOTENASHI service and the novelty of Japanese
- Secures and allocates manpower, materials and management
attention optimally to give the "Dining Experience" to the
- Priority is to satisfy a guest in the dining room. Be in the
dining room as much as possible to meet with the Guests eyes to
eyes, heart to heart and smile to smile. Exemplify yourself to the
employees as a good example of excellent Guest relations.
- Supervisor Cultural Representatives.
- Complete timely and accurate reports to Management.
- Follow and successfully complete all reasonable directives for
business given by Management.
- Assists the manager control and contain the direct cost (food
cost, beverage cost, supply cost and wage) with reasonability, i.e.
without diminishing, lowering, sacrificing the Company's Good Will,
quality standard of food, beverage, and Service Excellence.
- Manages the HACCP Program: ensures all aspects of the restaurant
to meet Health Codes and/or exceed Disney standards; ensures Guest
restrooms are always clean, the dining area is neat, and all meals
are served on spotless dishes with clean cutlery.
- Provide constant feedback to team members; praising him/her when
something is done right and reprimanding him/her when there is a
- Communicate with other Assistant Managers within the operations,
sharing menu ideas so that all restaurants can improve.
*other job functions: *
- Work together as a team with all other assistant managers.
- Recommend ideas to the Company that will help the restaurants
increase sales or operating profits.
- Undertakes preventative maintenance of the restaurant facilities,
mechanical systems, plumbing systems, equipment and tools by
collaborating with the Operations Support.
- Follow policies and procedures as stated in Mitsukoshi and
- Perform other job duties as directed by Manager.
- Must be able to lift or push 100 lbs.
- Able to smell and identify orders
- Able to work with fingers
- Moderate Noise
- Restaurant environment
- High School Diploma required
- Two (2) years of experience in a restaurant business
- One (1) - Two (2) years of supervisor experience.
- Bi-lingual and knowledge of Japanese Cuisine, preferred but not
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
*other qualifications: *
- Able to effectively communicate verbally in English with
superiors, colleagues, Guests, and individuals inside and outside
- Able to work effectively and relate well with others Including
superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the
Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing
with others and works, to maintain positive working
- Able to do basic arithmetic which includes subtraction, addition,
division, multiplication and counting of items. The employee must
also be able to analyze and solve simple problems.
- Able to read and analyze written information
- General understanding of employment laws
- Possession of knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office
software, Word and Excel
- ServSafe Certificate
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $910.00 per week
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Fast casual restaurant
* Fine dining restaurant
* Quick service & fast food restaurant
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* Management: 2 years (Preferred)
* Japanese (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations%58047475%
Keywords: MITSUKOSHI (U.S.A.), INC., Orlando , Assistant Manager-Restaurant operations-Japan Pavilion @ EPCOT, Executive , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!