Project Manager - Assistant - Construction
Posted on: November 11, 2019
WalbridgeProject Management /
Working with a Project Manager or a Senior Project Manager, provide
administrative and technical direction for one large, complex
project or several small and/or medium size projects.
Responsibilities to include customer interface, client development,
project scoping, estimating, scheduling, procurement, construction
oversight, safety oversight, cost and progress monitoring,
management and reporting.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy
of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
"We build living monuments that transcend our time on earth" - John
Rakolta Jr. CEO of Walbridge.
We have held a Florida office for almost 30 years, currently with
offices located in Tampa and Orlando, Florida.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small
enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out
projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
Working with the Project Manager / Senior Project Manager:
- Ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design,
budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client
representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, end users,
- Help establish project objectives, policies, procedures and
performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Plan,
coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction
of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule
and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and
implement corrective measures. Authorize/approve all project
personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.), purchase
requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures,
standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as
- Assist in maintaining official project log and documentation
files. Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety
programs. Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and
engineering functions as required.
- Assist in managing financial aspects of contracts (fee payment,
rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's
interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with
- 4 year construction management /engineering degree or
equivalent professional training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience and knowledge of related
commercial construction experiences.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management
techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices,
processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities
is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact,
diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that
promotes diversity in the workforce. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability,
military, or protected veteran status or any other legally
protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions
concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation,
benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition
Keywords: Walbridge, Orlando , Project Manager - Assistant - Construction, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!