Company: Carnival Entertainment
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Please read and acknowledge the information below regarding the
position and audition process. Minimal age for this position is
We will add your email address to our newsletter subscriber list.
You may unsubscribe at any time.
The Light Technician is responsible for the safe and proper
operation of the lighting & special effects systems in the main
theater during all shows and activities (includes full-cast
production shows, magic shows, variety shows, Welcome Aboard Show,
Carnival Legends Show, Game Show, lounge talks & presentations and
more). She/he is also responsible for the cleaning, maintenance and
ensuring the proper functioning of all conventional stage lighting
as well as intelligent moving fixtures installed in various venues
around the ship (main theater, aft lounge, Lido open deck, the
night club, teen clubs, main atrium, etc.).
- Operate the main theater lighting & laser systems, atmospheric
& pyrotechnic effects for all shows and activities either manually
or on time code (depending on show/cue requirements).
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and upkeep of all
lighting systems in the main theater and around the ship
- Inspect the laser, fog, haze systems periodically and perform
their regular cleaning and maintenance (fluid replacement, etc.) to
ensure their proper functioning.
- Responsible for the safe manifesting, embarkation, storage,
handling, loading, firing, unloading and disposal of all the
pyrotechnic material used in the shows as per company policy
- Fire the pyro cues for all shows, upon being given clearance by
the Floor Technician (after proper training and certification
provided on board)
- Perform show load-ins and load-outs (together with the Floor,
Automation & Audio Technicians) for each show.
- Train and oversee the performance of the 2-4 spotlight
operators, coordinate their tasks over the communication system
during the shows.
- Fill out the Lighting Tech Reports detailing any new or
outstanding problem pertaining to the lighting, laser, pyro or
special effects systems and submit them to the Shipboard and
- Respond to regular work calls (approx. twice a month) to
perform (together with the Floor, Automation & Audio Technicians)
theater general cleaning and repairs, in addition to lighting
- Assist with additional multiple show setups, rehearsals and
tech runs during cast change (typically happening every six months
for about 4-5 weeks).
- Familiarize with basic audio/video equipment setup and
operation, to be able to take on the "Tech On Duty" responsibility
no later than four weeks after first joining a ship.
- Be part of the "Tech On Duty (TOD)" rotation (one week/cruise
every four weeks/cruises), providing both guests and crew with
entertainment technology related assistance
- Attend any safety, hospitality or job-related training as
required and scheduled by the ship's command or immediate
supervisors, including port-manning rotation.
- Maintain and update handover notes/reports for future incoming
- Ensure proper and thorough training on all job-related aspects
to the incoming replacement technician during the handover
- Good knowledge of electrical theory, be able to read and follow
electrical and system drawings and diagrams
- Good knowledge of intelligent moving fixtures operation,
maintenance and repair procedures
- Good knowledge of lighting console operation (GrandMa,
- Good knowledge and understanding of show control and time code
- Basic knowledge of lighting design and programming
- Basic knowledge in PC hardware & software maintenance and
- Theater background and experience, be familiar with industry
terms, standards, rules, regulations and common practices
- Comfortable working at heights up to 35ft (10.5m), be able to
safely climb an A-frame ladder and properly operate a Genie
- Good overall health and physical condition (to be determined by
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Required to work up to 10hrs per 24hr period, 7 days a week.
- Resume outlining previous employment, education or related
experience in Word or PDF format
- Proof of Certifications/ Degrees (if any)
- Reference Letters (contact information)
Keywords: Carnival Entertainment, Orlando , LIGHTING TECHNICIAN, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!