Materials Handler I
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is
recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely
and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of
the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the
support of manned systems and the development and application of
practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for
the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for
Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the
next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and
spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning
leader in design, build, and installation of theme park
entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions
using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine
Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering
Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on
Naval and Marine Services.
Receive, store, issue, and ship materials, equipment, and other
items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and
compile stock reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms,
warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical
counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses,
tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric
marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests,
invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and
shipping orders to route materials to domestic and international
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space
availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting,
accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of
shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices,
such as hand truck and sorting bins.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for
shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to
rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to
maintain inventory of stock.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to
issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping,
storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage
areas in order to ensure compliance with safety
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock
location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical
capabilities of facilities.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting
any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse,
or storage yard workers.
- Work overtime as requested. This may include evenings, weekends
and/ or holidays.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as
forklifts and pallet jacks etc.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving activities.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
service and personal services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- A minimum of 2 years' of related experience in a warehouse
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form.
- Knowledge of inventory, warehouse, shipping, and receiving
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective
manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Able to read precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings,
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Includes exposure to contaminants.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold
(below 32 F degrees) temperatures.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are
distracting or uncomfortable.
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Orlando , Materials Handler I, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!