Electrical Engineer - AGV Systems
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Oceaneering Mobile Robotics (OMR) designs, manufactures,
implements, and maintains innovative turnkey logistics solutions
based on autonomous mobile robot technology. With over 1,700 mobile
robotics deployed worldwide and with over 30 million miles
accumulated, OMR delivers best-in-class solutions with the lowest
total cost without sacrificing performance. For over 30 years, OMR
has been a trusted partner for the automotive, healthcare,
manufacturing, and (intra-) logistics industries.
Our Manufactured Products group offers several world-class global
manufacturing facilities serving multiple industries including
energy, material handling, and entertainment ride systems. We have
decades of experience in engineering, design, testing and
qualification of hardware for any specification, including subsea
umbilicals, junction plates, distribution units, termination
assemblies, clamps, flanges, and more. For the material handling
industry, we produce safe, reliable, and flexible mobile robotics
solutions. For the entertainment industry, we deliver innovative
ride systems engineering and automated people mover vehicles.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Electrical Engineer applies an advanced knowledge of
engineering fundamentals to the division's engineering and design
activities and provides work leadership to lower-level employees.
The Electrical Engineer interacts with all OASYS departments as
necessary to provide engineering support to projects, integration,
and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You take responsibility for defining electrical controls
concept engineering, concurrent with highly qualified lead
mechanical and electrical engineers.
- You control (E-Plan & EPDM) engineering product drawing
structures from release- retractions-redlines while ensuring
configuration standards are always maintained.
- You are responsible for the electrical design of AGV's, working
with a cross-disciplinary team of mechanical, software and junior
- You observe product planning commitments and provide timely
feedback in regular product team meetings.
- You review designs with an eye towards manufacturability, using
your experience to help reduce complexity and assembly time.
- You assist the Hardware Team Lead in defining and controlling
electrical design standards for Automatic Guided Vehicle
- You take a holistic view of product vehicle engineering with
interchangeability and compatibility driving product growth.
- You support the assembly, testing and commissioning teams with
electrical issues and provide solutions.
- You foster strong working relationships with the linking
disciplines such as logistics, production, assembly, and product
- You cultivate and promote our corporate values - integrity,
collaboration, courage, excellence.
- Analyze and develop design approaches for complex engineering
- Review and select vendor supplied components, taking into
consideration functionality, cost, and lead times.
- Travel up to 50% to Oceaneering manufacturing facilities, other
OASYS international offices and customer's jobsites.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable training, preferably with a
technical engineering focus.
- Team player with a high level of communication skills.
- Ability to operate in an international team and to perform in a
global matrix organization.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills for preparing and reviewing
technical and project reports.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of related
- Master's degree or comparable training, preferably with a
technical engineering focus.
- Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) experience
- Experience with Fieldbus technology, safety controllers (SICK
Flexi-soft or Beckhoff), positioning sensors and encoders.
- Experience designing AGV control systems.
- Experience with 3D camera systems.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Orlando , Electrical Engineer - AGV Systems, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!