Posted on: September 20, 2023
Transit Mechanics needed.
Transdev is actively seeking mechanics for our Paratransit service.
We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to
diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with daily safety
inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector
operator of transportation in North America one that cares about
its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
To view Transdevs Purpose and how we make a difference follow this
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and
vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in
over 200+ communities across North America
- Uniforms provided
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time The Paratransit Mechanic
must possess required skills and experience related to the fleet of
This includes the knowledge to perform all maintenance related
tasks, in a safe manner. Perform preventative maintenance,
diagnoses and repairs minor to moderate problems. ASE
certifications are encouraged and preferred. All work performed
must be of the highest quality ensuring vehicles are reliable and
safe. Work in such a manner that promotes a safe and productive
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like new
condition by performing high quality maintenance repairs and
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections.
- Diagnoses and executes repairs on mechanical, electrical, HVAC,
Pneumatic and hydraulic systems including engines and
- Renders road calls, on the road repairs and road tests as
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment including dusting,
vacuuming and light cleaning as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit
equipment: 2 years preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blue prints , schematics, and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including
background and a drug test
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdev, Orlando , Fleet Technician, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!