Field Service Technician- Rolling Stock
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated
transportation of people and goods by rail - including rolling
stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft
and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock,
including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and
streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed
trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide
traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as
signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and
Interested in learning how to work on next-generation Siemens
Charger locomotives and Siemens Venture single-level coaches? The
state-of-the-art locomotives are diesel-electric with Tier 4 4,400
hp diesel engines. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the
United States and we are working together with the customer on-site
to achieve the main goals for the warranty period. This job will
train you on how to troubleshoot, repair, and perform field
modifications to achieve high customer satisfaction and improve
reliability. Siemens is looking for someone who enjoys working
hands-on and is interested in learning more about
- Commissioning and Warranty of locomotives and/or coaches.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of failures on locomotives or
- Perform with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics, and
location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of
- Use laptops with subsystem software to troubleshoot various
systems onboard the locomotives.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive or coach control
circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and
identify corrective action needed.
- Read, interpret, and understand written or electronic
information to identify the Root cause of failures and compile
reports for your site lead and warranty manager.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules,
practices, and procedures.
- Implementation of Field Modifications (FMIs) to improve the
quality of our product.
- Document failures, part exchanges, implementation of FMI, and
your performed work in our Commissioning and Warranty
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues,
verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure
recommendations, improvements, and other work-related
- Receive and send out failed parts for repair. RMA.
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Working fully hands-on.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Individuals must possess a valid Driver's license in good
- The job will require travel, to different warranty sites in the
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
passionate about access to education, access to technology,
sustaining communities, and positively impacting the
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement
program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - Just named on the Forbes
2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
- Siemens is proud to have been named Fast Company 's Best
Workplaces for Innovators
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only
candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Orlando , Field Service Technician- Rolling Stock, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!