Centerline Construction Engineer
Company: Siemens Energy
Posted on: May 25, 2023
A Snapshot of Your Day The Centerline Construction Engineer will
field-install large turbines, generators, and auxiliary systems.
The position requires 80%+ travel to power plant construction sites
primarily in North America. The daily activities include leading
and directing subcontractors to do the necessary tasks to install
equipment. The Engineer will attend site meetings with
customers/subcontractors to coordinate these tasks. In addition,
the role will coordinate and manage the timing of material received
on site as necessary. It requires open communication on status and
lessons-learned to the back office engineering and management on a
consistent basis. The role requires a mechanical background; must
be able to read drawings and schematics necessary for the
installation of the equipment. Growth into the area of field
commissioning of systems is possible over time. How You'll Make an
- Travel to Siemens Energy customer power plants throughout the
US and/or internationally to perform installation of large
turbines, generators, and related equipment.
- Supervision of mechanical installation crews of large turbines,
generators, and related equipment.
- Participate in and lead a safe job environment.
- Complete and submit detailed reports summarizing job
- Work directly with customer and craft to ensure the correct
implementation of Siemens-Energy product.
- Review complex task plans, schedules, drawings, and
installation schematics and provide continual mentorship throughout
- Lead and direct subcontractors to perform specific maintenance
related tasks and serve as the primary Siemens Energy jobsite
contact. What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with Power Plant or equivalent
environment. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while
prioritizing work for yourself and others, under strict timelines
and being flexible to changing needs. Prior experience with Siemens
Energy's customers, equipment, and processes is a plus!
- Dedicated and resourceful to achieve goals independently in
addition to working well in groups.
- Excellent technical writing skills and effective communication
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office and ability to
learn others as needed).
- Flexibility and willingness for domestic and international
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored
work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa
sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers. Gas Services
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation
through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power
generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and
generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service
offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet. Check
out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business Who is
Siemens Energy? At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy
technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+
countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than
92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for
over 16% of the global community, but we're also using our
technology to help protect people and the environment. Our global
team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable
energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We
uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search
for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new
technologies, and energy transformation. Our Commitment to
Diversity Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity,
we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative
energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy
celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender,
age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of
society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave
Keywords: Siemens Energy, Orlando , Centerline Construction Engineer, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...