HVAC Specialist III
Company: University of Central Florida
Posted on: March 21, 2023
The Opportunity : UCF is seeking to hire two (2) HVAC Specialist
III positions. Positions # P-58988 and P-59165. The HVAC Specialist
III is responsible for providing service for and responding to
requests from customers and staff. At this level the employee is
required to have advanced skills on HVAC and refrigeration systems,
including but not limited to air and water-cooled chillers, water
source heat pumps, direct expansion (DX) systems.
- Perform independent advanced analysis on HVAC mechanical
systems and related equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM) and predictive
maintenance (PDM) on HVAC systems and related equipment in order to
ensure continuous operation and prevent equipment interruptions
through planned and scheduled work orders.
- Calibrate electric, electronic and pneumatic controls to
maintain design temperature and humidity.
- Install, maintain, test, and calibrate refrigeration components
connected to campus heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
equipment. Identify and correct refrigeration failures and
malfunctions, maintain, install and repair compressors and make
emergency HVAC and refrigeration system repairs.
- Prioritize and respond to HVAC and BAS controls systems work
orders and service requests pertaining to complex inquiries,
comfort complaints, and indoor air quality related matters.
- Create proactive work orders to maintain the proper
functionality of HVAC systems throughout campus. Maintain scheduled
completion dates, report and manage any discrepancies and ensure
that all life safety and urgent work orders are responded to in an
- Subject matter expert when working with complex issues,
corrective repairs as well as planned maintenance.
- Provide technical data and service to the HVAC team and other
university departments relative to ongoing projects.
- Conduct technical repairs that include but are not limited to
complex corrective and planned maintenance on pneumatic air
systems, compressors, controls, cooling towers, chillers, boilers,
heating hot water and steam systems, hydronic pumps and related
piping and components, chilled water air handlers, fan-coil units,
VAV terminal boxes, direct expansion (DX) unit (1 to 50 tons), PTAC
units, exhaust fans, ventilated systems, CRAC and CRAH units.
- Educate stakeholders and provide support within the UCF
community, creating tools, including introducing standards and
specifications to project teams, reviewing design documents and
submittal. For additional information, please visit
Keywords: University of Central Florida, Orlando , HVAC Specialist III, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...