Company: Lennar Corporation
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Construction ManagerUS-FL-OrlandoJob ID: 2023-26972Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 2Category: ConstructionROT -
OLHOverviewSummary of Position RequirementsResponsible for managing
and overseeing construction of homes in an assigned community,
under the supervision of the Director of Construction to ensure
cost, schedule and quality standards are met. Monitor reports,
assist in pre-construction and production of homes, contact and
supervise trade partner's work, and maintain the overall community
job sites. ResponsibilitiesPrimary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the scheduling and supervision of daily business
partner activities in accordance with job schedule and business
partner scopes of work.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all applicable building
codes and OSHA job safety regulations.
- Analyze proper construction techniques.
- Maintain all job tasks and order alerts within Build Pro
- Assure job site cleanliness and safety.
- Inspect all work daily, using the Lennar Quality by Stage
checklist as a guide.
- Be familiar with each trade partners "scope of work" and assure
that properly completed work is certified for payment only.
- Work together with Regional Operations Center ROC to improve
budgets, cost variances, and plan improvements, and systems.
- Assure that records of all changes on the job, such as
engineering reports, change orders and/or purchase orders are
- Inspect, Schedule, and Maintain the division's implementation
of the LEMS including the Storm Water, Air Quality, Endangered
Species, Environmental Site Assessment and Wetlands modules.
- Assist the REM with SWPPP implementation audits, documentation
of associated corrective actions, and reporting of results.
- Responsible for inspections with the City, County, FHA, VA and
banks and corresponding paperwork.
- Strive to reduce liability of regulatory notices of violation
and subsequent future litigation, penalties and fines.
- Recruit, actively communicate with and train trade partners on
safety, quality requirements and payment procedures, to assure a
solid vendor base.
- Be involved personally and proactively with any actual or
perceived vendor scheduling, communication or payment related
- Secure the Company's property and protect if from weather,
theft, vandalism and other damage.
- Maintains daily log of all occurrences on the job site.
- Ability to understand the manufacturer's recommendations for
use and application of their products.
- Homeowner orientations (PCO, PDO, NHO) and other meetings as
necessary.QualificationsEducation and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Some college preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience in residential construction
- Relevant Management experience desired
- Must possess organization skills by keeping daily schedules
current; maintaining a timely and accurate flow of paperwork
- Buildpro system experience preferred
- Possess good time management skills. For example; be able to
handle a wide variety of tasks and demands in a timely manner
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- Associate is prohibited from performing manual repairs
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (Word
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints ContactsDaily
interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies,
business partners, consultants and homeowners Physical
RequirementsAble to work in excess of eight hours per day and
excess of 5 days per week in the confined quarters of a
construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb
stairs/ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry
equipment which, occasionally operate construction equipment. Able
to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time to
complete paperwork, meet with trade partners, and receive/return
phone messages. Must be able to work in construction environment
under all weather conditions. Finger dexterity may be required to
operate a computer keyboard and calculator. This describes outlines
the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not
a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.Please
see job descriptionPI208113625
Keywords: Lennar Corporation, Orlando , Construction Manager, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...