HRD Senior Analyst - Compensation
Company: Orange County Sheriff's Office, Orlando, Florida
Posted on: January 27, 2023
HRD Senior Analyst - Compensation Print
Apply HRD Senior Analyst - Compensation Location Orlando, FLJob
TypeFull TimeDepartmentHuman ResourcesJob
Number22-00188Closing1/30/2023 3:00 PM Eastern Hiring
Salary$57,304/yr $88,025/yr depending on the level of education and
- Questions JOB SUMMARYStarting salary: $57,304/yr $88,025/yr
depending on the level of education and experience.MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAssists in the development and
administration of employee salary administration programs and Human
Resources system support. #ojMinimum Requirements
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal
and written English.
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually
- No illegal drug usage within the past year. Other drug usage
will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) in Human Resources
Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related
field AND two (2) years related experience OR a Masters Degree (M.A
or M.S) in related field listed above OR the equivalent combination
of education and experience. Related experience includes analytical
and statistical techniques, the development of compensation
programs, and the functional support/maintenance of Human Resources
- Ability to advise management on compensation actions for
employees. Review proposed salary actions to ensure conformance
with established guidelines and policies.
- Ability to create and participate in external salary surveys in
conjunction with internal position evaluations to analyze the
results and determine the organization's market relationship.
Review proposals for new or revised job classifications to
determine appropriate pay grade assignment and make recommendations
- Ability to conduct in-depth costing scenarios of current and
proposed pay structure changes; work closely with management team
during fiscal portions of agency pay changes and union
negotiations. Assist in the implementation of all pay plan changes
to include pay grade schedule changes along with the update and
verification of employee pay records.
- Ability to develop recommendations to adjust pay structure in
response to changing organizational needs, union requests and
- Ability to analyze current organizational pay practices and
makes recommendations for pay changes to ensure equity. Conduct job
analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to agency
compensation guidelines and policy.
- Ability to handle the maintenance and modification of some
functional HRIS components based on agency or end user need.
Develop and maintains HR system codes (job codes, status codes,
department codes), employee pay groups and personnel actions.
Conduct system audits, test process flow changes, and coordinate HR
tasks related to agency reorganizations or pay implementations.
Create mass change actions or spreadsheets needed to implement all
- Ability to create ad hoc reports using various reporting
software such as (SQL Server Reporting Services or comparable
reporting tools) to create HR and payroll system reports for
management such as but not limited to: staffing, attrition, new
hire forecasting, promotions, and statistics. Update all related
reports due to agency reorganizations or upgrades. Work with
employees to create retirement spreadsheets.
- Ability to maintain agency position control and provides
information as required regarding authorized positions, vacancies
and employee data; develops and provides related reports.
- Ability to assist in the functional setup, testing,
implementation, and training of new software programs within HR
(i.e. recruiting/onboarding systems). Act as the administrator for
these programs by handling data integration issues, user access,
and the creation of new report requests. Assist in the
implementation of upgrades to the HR/Payroll system. Conduct
extensive form checks during parallel testing to ensure data
- Ability to recommend and draft, develop, and implement salary
- Ability to research special compensation programs or incentive
systems to support the organization's objectives.
- Ability to make supervisor code changes in payroll system each
pay period to ensure time entry approval.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, legal documents, or
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
employees or other agencies.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and
small group situations to agency employees, vendors, and
- Must have intermediate computer skills including word
processing, spreadsheet, and data base applications.
- Must have the ability to learn and utilize specialized
applications and use the internet effectively to research
- Must have working knowledge of job analysis, job evaluation,
and various analytical and statistical techniques.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to
establish and maintain positive, cooperative working
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.PREFERRED
- Related HR/compensation certification and programming
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential.PROCESSING &
- Some positions, depending on the responsibilities, may require
the candidate to successfully pass a physical or other selection
processes when needed.PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTWhile
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to talk andhear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds.Work is generally performed in a standard
office setting. The noise level in the workenvironment is usually
moderate.The Orange County Sheriffs Office is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act,
the Orange County Sheriffs Office may provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss
potential accommodations with the employer.All full-time employees
of the Orange County Sheriff's Office receive an excellent benefits
and compensation package.
- Sheriff contributes majority of cost for medical coverage
- Life insurance and long term disability insurance is provided
by Sheriff; employees may elect to purchase additional
- Retirement benefits are provided by the Florida Retirement
- Uniforms, weapons, and other equipment furnished
- Education incentive and reimbursement programs
- 12 vacation days per year/accrues at 3.69 hours bi-weekly
- Sick time accrues at 3.69 hours bi-weekly
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Gym facilities in many agency buildings01 You must be at least
18 years of age to work in a non-law enforcement capacity. If
applying for a non-law enforcement position, are you at least 18
years of age?
- No02 Are you a United States citizen or do you possess a valid
permanent resident alien card?
- I am a United States citizen
- I am not a United States citizen, but I do possess a valid
permanent resident alien card
- I am neither a United States citizen nor do I possess a valid
permanent resident alien card03 If you possess a permanent resident
alien card, please provide the issue date, expiration date and the
category code. 04 Do you have any tattoos or body ornamentation on
the hands, head, neck, or face?
- No05 Please provide the description(s) and location(s) of ALL
tattoos / body ornamentation(s)? 06 Do you possess a high school
diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)?
- No07 How many college credits do you have? 08 Are you able to
read, write and fluently speak English?
- No09 Are there any languages other than English that you can
read, write, or speak fluently?
- No10 Please provide the other languages you can read, write, or
speak fluently. Enter each language on a separate line and beside
each enter whether you read, write, or speak the language fluently.
11 If you have a driver's license, what is your driver's license #
and the state of issuance? Enter N/A if you have no driver's
license. 12 Have you had a driver's license for at least one (1)
year as of this application date?
- No13 Have you received more than two (2) moving traffic
violations/citations in the past three (3) years from the date of
- I do not drive and/or have a driver's license14 Please provide
details of your moving traffic violations/citations in the past
three (3) years from the date of this application? 15 Have you ever
had your driver's license suspended or revoked?
- No, or I do not have a driver's license16 Please provide
details of your driver's license suspension(s) / revocations(s),
date(s), state(s) issued and explanation(s). 17 Have you ever been
convicted of a felony?
- No18 Have you ever been arrested or charged with a felony
and/or misdemeanor crime? Pursuant to F.S.S. 943.059, arrests that
have been sealed or expunged must be disclosed.
- No19 Please provide the felony and/or misdemeanor arrest(s) or
charge information and date(s). If applicable, please note whether
the arrest was sealed or expunged. 20 Have you ever been convicted
of any misdemeanor crime involving false statements, perjury, or
- No21 Please provide all misdemeanor conviction charge(s)
involving false statements, perjury, or domestic violence and
date(s). 22 Have you ever been a suspect or a defendant in any
- No23 Please provide an explanation of all your criminal
investigation(s) and associated dates. 24 Have you ever been
involved in any criminal activity?
- No25 Please provide an explanation of all your criminal
activity and associated dates. 26 Do you have regular or continuous
associations or dealings with anyone under criminal investigation
or indictment, or who is involved in criminal behavior?
- No27 Please provide an explanation of your associations with
the individual(s) under criminal investigation or indictment and
the criminal activity that is involved. 28 Are you now, or have you
ever been, a member of a gang, extremist organization, or any
association that engages in criminal activity?
- No29 Please provide the gang and/or association name,
location(s) and the dates of involvement. 30 Have you been or known
anyone who has been associated with any organization, past or
present that would place the integrity of the Sheriff's Office in
question? (e.g. KKK, Nazi organization, extremist organization,
organized crime, etc.)
- No31 Please provide an explanation of these associations or
dealings you have with these individuals that would place the
integrity of the Sheriff's Office in question;. (e.g. KKK, Nazi
organization, organized crime, etc.) 32 Have you ever used,
possessed, or cultivated an illegal controlled substance?
- No33 Please provide an explanation of your drug use, and/or
possession, and/or cultivation of an illegal controlled substance
along with associated dates of last use/involvement. 34 Have you
used any illegal drug(s) or illegal controlled substance(s) within
the last two (2) years from the date of this application? (e.g. -
marijuana, heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc.)
- No35 Please provide the type(s) of illegal drug(s) used within
the last 2 years, location(s), and the dates last used. 36 Have you
ever been involved in the sale/purchase of illegal drugs either
directly or indirectly?
- No37 Please provide details of your illegal drug
sale(s)/purchase involvement, location(s) and date(s). 38 Have you
ever served in the armed forces (Military), and if so, what type of
discharge did you receive?
- I did not serve in the military
- Honorable Discharge
- Honorable Discharge under General Conditions
- Dishonorable Discharge
- I am still an Active Reserve39 What military branch(es),
including any state National Guard, did you serve or are you
currently serving in? 40 Please provide the dates of service to
include Active and/or Reserve service. 41 Were you ever formally
disciplined while in the military to include any Article 15's?
- Not Applicable42 Please provide type of military discipline(s),
reasons for the discipline, and dates. 43 Are you currently
employed by a law enforcement or corrections agency and if so, are
you currently under internal investigation?
- Not Applicable44 If you have prior law enforcement or
corrections experience, have you ever been under internal
- No, I have never been under internal investigation at a prior
law enforcement or corrections agency
- Yes, I have been under internal investigation at a prior law
enforcement or corrections agency
- Not Applicable45 Please provide the employer's name where you
were under internal investigation, to include each incident,
date(s), and outcome. 46 Have you ever been disciplined by any past
or current employer?
- No47 Please provide the employer's name where you were
disciplined, type of discipline(s) and date(s). 48 Have you ever
been terminated or asked to resign from a job?
- No49 Please provide the employer name(s) where your were
terminated or asked to resign, reason for departure(s), and date(s)
of termination(s)/resignation(s). 50 Have you applied with any
other law enforcement agencies?
- No51 What agency, city/state and date(s) of application?
Required Question AgencyOrange County Sheriff's OfficeAddress2500
West Colonial Drive Orlando, Florida, 32804 Phone(407) 254-7490
Websitehttp://OCSO.COM Apply Please verify your email address
Keywords: Orange County Sheriff's Office, Orlando, Florida, Orlando , HRD Senior Analyst - Compensation, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!