Supervisory Consulting Utility Forester
Company: ACRT Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Our Supervisory Consulting Utility Forester (SCUF) serve as
leadership to Consulting Utility Foresters (CUFs) and other
operations department employees. They will perform inspections to
identify vegetation management work to be executed, conduct audits
of work identified by CUFs as a quality control measure, as well as
post-work audits of executed VM work by tree pruning contractors as
needed, and assist utility employees in monitoring contractor
performance. In their role they also serve as a liaison between
clients, tree crews and customers and will assist with resolving
concerns that arise.
SCUFs assist the Operations Manager in making certain that ACRT
personnel are working safely in the field and are equipped with all
necessary PPE. They will conduct regional benchmarks to ensure team
members are consistent in their planning methodology, according to
contract specifications. SCUFs will also conduct pre-patrol
meetings with field teams to assure each understands the scope of
the feeder being patrolled. SCUFs will help track and make sure to
close out all work releases and project documentation. SCUFs will
accomplish other duties as assigned.
This Supervisory Consulting Utility Forester (SCUF) position
supervises Utility Foresters in the field. Responsibilities include
coordinating work and project schedules and assignments, reporting
directly to client supervision, supervising contract personnel in
the field, conducting monthly audits, and assisting Operations
Managers with project maintenance.
- One (1) year experience in a management or a leadership
position in the utility line clearance industry.
- ISA Certification or 4-year/Bachelor's Degree in Horticulture,
Arboriculture, Forestry, or related field of study AND ability to
obtain ISA Arborist certification within 12-months of hire.
- Possess a Commercial Pesticide Applicator license issued by the
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Pesticide
Certification Office, or ability to obtain within 12- months of
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook or similar software suite.
- Possess a valid driver's license. Preferred Qualifications:
- Five (5) years' experience in the utility line clearance
industry. Other Requirements:
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- High level of communication and organization skills
- High level of Customer Service skills
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with
flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Group life insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company vehicle/fuel card for work-related and commuting
- Boot allowance program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check
Keywords: ACRT Inc., Orlando , Supervisory Consulting Utility Forester, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!