Body Shop Technician (Disassembly and Reassembly)
Company: Toyota of Orlando
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Assists in performing automotive body and related repairs,
straightens bent bodies, removes dents, and replaces damaged parts
that cannot be repaired.Job Responsibilities:
- Assists with inspecting body damage to determine feasibility
and best method of repairs. May use metal forming and cutting tools
to perform repairs.
- Assists in performing damaged sheet metal and body repairs.
Removes, replaces, or repairs body parts using hand and power
- Helps remove, installs, adjusts, and aligns body components.
May repair locks, latches, and other accessory body parts. May
perform glass and upholstery repairs.
- Assists in documenting all repair and maintenance actions on
Work Orders, including parts and materials used, time expended, and
pertinent comments. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all
documentation and fleet entries prior to release of the
- Helps ensure vehicle security and safety while in shop. Adheres
to all Governmental rules and Shop safety practices relating to
operation of shop tools, use of personal safety devices,
housekeeping, and health. Follows all environmental practices
regarding proper handling and disposal of all waste streams.
- Provides written estimates of repair when requested.
- Communicates and adheres to Injury Prevention (IP) standards.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the Automotive
- Previous experience working with Car-O-Liner and/or Cartronics,
- Auto Body and Collision Damage Repair Certificate,
- ASE credentials, preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain a clean, safe team oriented environment
- Self-starter and work without supervision
- Computer skills
- Must be able to use all shop tools including plasma cutting &
- Strong analytical background
- Must have own hand and air tools to effectively complete task
at handPhysical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Repair is mostly performed indoors where noise from hammers and
air tools is prevalent. All PPE rules must be followed.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage
under Toyota of Orlandos insurance policy
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to read and understand instructions, written estimates
and work orders
- Organization and multi-tasking skills, good time management and
adapts easily to a fast-paced environment
- Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 25 poundsIn return for your
invaluable knowledge, skills, talent and ambition, Toyota of
Orlando offers competitive salaries and benefits. Employment is
contingent upon successful completion of a background
investigation.Toyota of Orlandois proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Toyota of Orlando, Orlando , Body Shop Technician (Disassembly and Reassembly), Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!