Part-Time OTC Valuations Analyst
Company: BNY Mellon
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview Over-the-Counter (OTC) Derivatives Valuations Group
Overview The OTC Derivatives Valuations group is a global team
within the Global Operations & Technology division of BNY Mellon
responsible for supporting our clients' OTC derivatives pricing and
analytics processes. Our clients include many of the premier
pension funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, endowments and other
financial institutions that use over-the counter and cleared
derivatives to manage their financial risks. OTC Derivative
Valuations is a highly quantitative group which is critical to many
post-trade derivative functions, including accounting, NAV
reporting, risk analysis and collateral operations. The team is
part of the recently formed Derivatives Middle Office Center of
Excellence in which staff have an exceptional opportunity to
implement change and develop highly transferable skillsets. Amongst
others these include, complex derivative product knowledge covering
swaps, options, forwards, and futures, project management, an
understanding of post-trade derivatives workflow and key industry
processing systems, and client support and relationship management.
The key functions of this team include:
- Execution of daily pricing, review and analysis tasks related
to valuation of OTC Derivatives across Rates, FX, Credit, Equities
and Commodities asset classes.
- Providing analytics and explanation of price movements for OTC
derivatives using data and analytics.
- Facilitating onboarding of new clients and servicing existing
- Having a deep understanding of the market inputs required for
and technical aspects of the valuation of OTC Derivatives.
- Identification, ownership and execution of strategic projects
related to pricing and valuation of OTC Derivatives.
- Provide valuation expertise and oversight for matters relating
to OTC Derivatives to internal and external stakeholders. Part-Time
OTC Valuations Analyst Role Overview As a Part-Time OTC Valuations
Analyst, you will own and drive the processes required for
valuation, analysis and production of pricing for OTC Derivatives.
You will partner with senior colleagues and be actively involved in
analysis, investigation and explanation of price changes due market
data, Greeks and other valuation dimensions required for pricing of
OTC Derivatives by querying our pricing database. Apart from the
daily pricing activities, you will also be actively involved in
strategic project management and execution, developing tools and
capabilities to enable valuation analytics and process
efficiencies. Job-Specific Responsibilities
- Under direct guidance, works with internal and external
datasets and client reference data and provides analysis in the
development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for
analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing,
risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
- Provides analytical support and prepares drafts of standard and
ad hoc reports for assigned area.
- With general guidance, supports assigned area with basic
statistical and quantitative analyses.
- May perform or oversee data management activities in support of
more senior quantitative colleagues.
- Runs models, looks for exceptions, takes corrective
- Builds knowledge of technology tools used to conduct
- Applies techniques such as querying and macro development to
extract data for populating models.
- Builds knowledge of processes and products and which analyses,
methodologies and approaches best support assessment of
performance, risk, or valuation.
- Interprets findings and prepares initial drafts of standard
- Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own
- Work contributes to the achievement of team goals. General Job
Responsibilities Provides quality service and support to internal
clients on a daily basis, including account and security
transaction processing, phone interaction and routine problem
resolution in a timely manner. Works within well-defined parameters
and with direct guidance from more senior team members. Under
direct supervision, performs simple operational tasks in a product
or functional area, including processing, balancing, settling and
servicing some types of security transactions. Enters data, keying
information from checks. With guidance, begins to interpret payee
information and transcribe it into the on-line system. Executes
routine correspondent requisites and to understand the underlying
business and specific client needs. Reviews completed requisites
with more senior team members. Assists with the maintenance of
relevant paperwork in accordance with departmental policy. Receives
direction on regulatory compliance and how to minimize exposure
related to assigned processing tasks. May investigate errors in
client accounts and statements. Escalates findings to more senior
team members. No direct reports. Responsible for the quality and
completion of own work. Qualifications
- High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of
education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree in Finance,
Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics is preferred.
- Up to one (0-1) year of total work experience is
- Up to two (0-2) years in brokerage processing is
- Experience in Quantitative Finance, Analytics, Statistical and
Technology fields is preferred.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications (particularly
Access) is preferred.
- Proficiency in building visualizations and analytics using
Microsoft Excel and/or Tableau is preferred.
- Proficiency in programming using Python, Pandas, working with
Jupyter Notebooks and related libraries is preferred.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment is preferred. Work Schedule
- 4 hours a day / 20 Hours per week.
- Working hours of 3:30pm - 7:30pm (Monday - Friday).
- This role may lead to a full-time position. Employer
Description: For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been
at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while
supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY
Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to
create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure
investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's
financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most
trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their
mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial
assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for
institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count
on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries
and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative
thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a
commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
Make your mark: bnymellon. EEO Statement: BNY Mellon is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected
Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that
is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and
communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do
their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and
offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and
Keywords: BNY Mellon, Orlando , Part-Time OTC Valuations Analyst, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!