Plate Making Technician
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an
integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing
industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at
our Orlando, FL facility! ProAmpac is a leading global flexible
packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing
creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service,
and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We
are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for
our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement. The
safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has
taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and
sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment
for you. ProAmpac is looking for you to join our team! What
ProAmpac has to offer:
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
- Discretionary bonus
- Company-provided life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellness program -- living a healthy lifestyle can get you a
discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives The
plate making operator makes 50" x 80" flexographic plate for our
facility. Plate makers department services the Mounting department
which feed the Press department. Plate making departments goal is
to maximize our equipment to provide the highest quality plates
while reducing waste. It's our job to service the next department
and do everything we can to provide the best service to them.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Operate with safe work habits strictly following all EHS
- Follow production expectations and help to settle any deadline
- Read & review job ticket instructions to determine job
- Understand and follow established workflows.
- Maintain accurate records for production
- Operate Plate Making equipment
- Distribute printing plates to staged area.
- Can work along with little supervision.
- Read, follow press production schedule daily and adjusting to
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to identify quality
during the plate making process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic plate making concepts to
trouble shoot issues.
- Operation of plate exposure, processor, drying &
light/finishing units, digital imager (Esko CDI)
- Knowledge of the solvent distillation units.
- Follow Plate Saving-filing procedures.
- When handing off jobs to co-workers/next shift, communicate any
information for them to complete the job.
- Participate in the problem-solving process & give positive
feedback towards improvement ideas.
- Keep department organized and clean.
- Keep equipment clean & perform preventive maintenance on
equipment at proper intervals
- Assist in any additional responsibilities, as directed by
management Competency Requirements
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Must have computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong communication skills between other employees and
- Can take correction about performance without issue.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly. Educational & Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of Print Manufacturing Experience
Keywords: PROAMPAC, Orlando , Plate Making Technician, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!