Patient Care Technician
Company: Oviedo Medical Center
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Description $1000 Sign On Bonus Oviedo Medical Center, the new
64-bed acute care hospital, provides a full range of healthcare
services to east Seminole County and surrounding communities.
Services include medical and surgical inpatient units, intensive
care, medical cardiology, telemetry, cardiac catheterization,
inpatient and outpatient surgery, women s services including labor
and delivery, cardiopulmonary services, comprehensive diagnostic
imaging and 24/7 emergency care. Oviedo Medical Center is designed
with the patient in mind with personalized care, all private rooms
and the newest medical technology available. Oviedo Medical Center
is located at the intersection of Red Bug Lake Road and State Road
426. Position Summary: The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers
high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of
delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing
functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of
the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in
providing patient care in accordance with the PCT s skills/training
and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the
patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and
safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital
policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules
for unlicensed personnel.
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by
performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information
throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood
glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to
performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at
time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to
the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning,
dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers,
crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges.
Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including
non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat
or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and
timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube
system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include
eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights
and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and
protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,
use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms.
Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment.
Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and
maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and
relaying messages. Qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), CNA
Training Program preferred.
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in an acute care setting
- Licensure: Certified Nursing Assistant in State of Florida
- Certification: Current BLS required. We are committed to
providing our employees with the support they need. At Oviedo
Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits
package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of
our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Associated topics: blood
collection, medical, medical technologist, microbiology, mlt,
molecular, technician, technician ii, technician iii, testing
Keywords: Oviedo Medical Center, Orlando , Patient Care Technician, Professions , Oviedo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!