Minimum $10k Sign-on Bonus** Electrical Engineer - Digital Power Design
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: May 16, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $10k Sign-On
Bonus****RTX employees are not eligible for sign-on bonusesAbout
Us:At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try
new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.Job Summary:The Low Voltage Power Products
(LVPP) Department supports key Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD)
products, by providing mission-critical designs relating to power
conversion, motor controls, flight termination systems, telemetry,
and other analog domains.We are looking for junior to mid-level
engineers who have digital power converter design experience to
help design robust power systems for important national defense
products.Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design, analyze, simulate, and test power conversion circuitry
potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies
(non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on board mounted
power end use applications.
- Architect circuit card-level power schemes and develop related
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through
PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Work to further our department's mastery of digital power
conversion concepts, and help develop related best practices.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and
sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and
technical staff, and guide junior engineers in honing this
skill.Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Design and analysis experience with digital power converter
- Design and analysis experience with linear converters, and one
or more of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck,
- Simulation and test experience with one or more of the
following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost,
- Design and analysis experience with analog electronics,
including at least two of the following: FET/BJT logic level,
op-amp, high/low/bandpass filters, clock/data termination, and
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearanceQualifications We Value:
- Experience guiding Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD)
personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical
- Robust conceptual familiarity (professional experience
preferred) with any two of the following isolated converter
topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, forward, push-pull.
Conceptual familiarity and experience must include stability.
- Conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with
transformer and inductor design considerations in power electronics
- Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power
architecture trades, and/or with system-level power architecture
trades, including power converter specification development
- Professional experience with circuit simulator SIMPLIS, system
simulator SABER, and/or analysis tool Mathcad.
- Professional experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or
- Experience with acting as a liaison between program and
- Experience with military specifications.
- Familiarity with embedded systems architecture and firmware
development for digitally controlled power supplies.
- Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power >
- Professional leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned
- Experience with proposal development.What We Offer:Whether
you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.Additional Information:This position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors
year-round.DisclaimerEmployee Referral Award Eligibility: Only
employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to
receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and
RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see
guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.Raytheon Technologies
is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Orlando , Minimum $10k Sign-on Bonus** Electrical Engineer - Digital Power Design, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!