Minimum $10K Sign-on Bonus** - Analog / Power Design, Electrical Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- **This position is eligible for a minimum of $10K Sign-On
- ** RTX employees are not eligible for sign-on bonusesAbout
Us:At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try
new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.Job Summary:The Low Voltage Power Products
(LVPP) Department supports key Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD)
products, by providing mission-critical designs relating to power
conversion, motor controls, flight termination systems, telemetry,
and other analog domains.We are looking for junior to mid-level
engineers who have power electronics knowledge to help design
robust power systems for important national defense products. The
successful candidate will have conceptual familiarity and/or
experience with one or more of the following:
- Transformer and inductor design and analysis considerations in
power electronics circuits.
- EMI Filter design and analysis considerations in power
- Conducting trade studies, and an awareness of how trade studies
are used in power systems architecture definition.
- The ECAD process, and a conceptual understanding of the layout
and routing concerns specific to power electronics.
- Designing at the circuit level to meet concerns of adjacent
disciplines, such as thermal, structural, mechanical, reliability,
- Utilizing specifications are used to drive design
decisions.Responsibilities to Anticipate
- Design, analyze, simulate, test, and document power conversion
(and related analog) circuitry. This circuitry will dominantly
involve non-isolated and isolated switch mode power converters and
linear converters. Main emphasis is on board-mounted power end use
- Assist in architecting at the circuit card level.
- Help to see circuit card development through its design phases,
from requirements definition through initial integration
- Drive to meet schedule concerns. Define schedules for circuit
- Guide ECAD drafters through layout and routing activities, with
moderate support from senior engineers. Assist in layer stackup
- Function as an individual contributor. Understand the role of a
small team lead.
- Engage in personal technical growth.
- Clearly present your work product to functional and program
leadership.Qualifications You Must Have
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Design, analysis, test, and simulation experience with one or
more of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck,
- Experience using tools such as MATLAB, MathCAD, Mathematica, or
other similar tools.
- Experience with analog electronics design, including at least
two of the following: FET/BJT logic level, op-amp, high/low/band
pass filters, clock/data termination, and comparator circuits.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearance.Qualifications We Value
- An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- A self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a
dynamic environment, and have good time management skills. Should
have an appreciation for how successful teams are structured.
- Experience communicating and documenting technical topics at
the small team level.
- Experience with Digital power electronics design, analysis,
simulation, and test. Includes familiarity with embedded systems
architecture and firmware development for digitally controlled
- Experience with Design considerations for voltages > 400V
and/or power > 10kW.
- Experience with military specifications
- Experience with motor control development
- Proposal development experienceWhat We Offer:Whether you're
just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced
professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes
above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
outdoors year-round.DisclaimerEmployee Referral Award Eligibility:
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential
to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and
RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see
guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.Raytheon Technologies
is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Orlando , Minimum $10K Sign-on Bonus** - Analog / Power Design, Electrical Engineer, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!