Company: Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
CAI is searching for a Toll Equipment Technician for a long-term
position for our client in the Orlando, FL area. Training is paid
and provided. Employees receive 2 weeks vacation and great
benefits. You would work as a field technician, monitoring the
electronic systems and providing field customer service
troubleshooting, supporting and maintaining the electronic toll
system equipment. The schedule for this position is Sun-Wed. All
candidates must be available to work 1PM to midnight. During the
training period, the schedule will be Mon-Thu 6AM-5PM.Job
Requirements: Duties & Responsibilities
- Determines equipment malfunction to locate the source of
trouble and make repairs or adjustments.
- Performs preventative maintenance, this involves frequent
inspection of basic elements of the equipment, cleaning switches,
connectors, relay contacts, adjusting printers and other
- Lifts and handles heavy equipment for repair and maintenance to
include coin vaults, vault frames, etc. as per maintenance
- Troubleshoots equipment networking issues.
- Performs equipment hardware installation and cable termination,
including coaxial, Cat 5, and fiber optics.
- Performs toll equipment software configuration, network device
IP configurations, and Radio Frequency configuration.
- Performs daily site inspections, including inspections of all
roadway tolling equipment, canopy and gantry mounted equipment,
server racks and included equipment, networking equipment, UPSs,
facility environmental monitors, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV),
and access control systems.
- Completes Maintenance Action Forms (MAF), Preventive
Maintenance Action Forms (PAF), and Shop Action Forms (SAF) as
required. These reports ensure that preventative maintenance
records for toll equipment components are documented; so that
spares and repair parts usage is accurately projected in
Maintenance Online Management System (MOMS).
- Interprets wiring schematics for use in troubleshooting
replacement of electronic and electromechanical parts to place the
toll equipment into optimum operating condition.
- Utilizes various software tools to diagnose and troubleshoot
various tolling equipment. Performs software troubleshooting in
Windows, Unix, and Linux environments.
- Performs installation, corrective/preventative maintenance, and
monitoring of CCTV cameras and Network Video Recorders (NVRs).
- Coordinates with the Senior Toll Technicians to troubleshoot
significant malfunctions which are beyond the Electronics
technician's capability to isolate.
- Removes damaged onsite repairable equipment for shipping to the
bench repair capability of the CRD; installs temporary or permanent
replacement equipment as required.
- Assists Toll Systems Engineering with the installation and
testing of equipment at existing and new tolling sites, including
installing conduit, running wiring, installing equipment mounting
hardware, and installation of tolling equipment. Qualifications
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class E Driver's License.
Within one (1) year of hire the employee must obtain and complete
- COMPTIA A+ Training or equivalent or have one (1) year of
related work history.
- Obtain Aerial Lift Vehicle Operation Certification
- Obtain Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic Certification.
- Complete the ten (10) hour Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA) Safety Course Skills Required
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics, parts/wiring
- Ability to establish test procedures.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Skilled in the use of volt/amp meters, oscilloscopes, frequency
counters, network analyzer and basic hand tools.
- Ability to recognize components.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical documents
including wiring schematics and equipment manuals
- Knowledge of computer networks principals and computer
- Knowledge of electronic theory and practical applications.
- Knowledge of Fiber Optic systems.
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) Systems.
- Knowledge of a Maintenance Management System.
- Knowledge of CCTV Systems, Knowledge of UPS maintenance.
- Knowledge of SCADA Systems.
- Knowledge of Facilities Maintenance.
- Skilled in oral and written communication. Skills Preferred
- Candidate is required to be available for On-Call after normal
- Overnight travel may be required. Physical Demands
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and
- Ability to work at a height of thirty (30) feet.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
Keywords: Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI), Orlando , Field Technician, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!