HVAC Journeyman I - Orlando, FL
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and
YouTube: /lumentechnologies. The Role Primary responsibilities are
to maintain and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment
within assigned market. HVAC systems comprise of CRAC/CRAH units,
Drycoolers, Condensers, DX Split Systems, Fluid Loops, RTU's,
Pumps, VFD's, Chillers, Wall-hung units, Building Management
Systems as well as other mechanical and electrical platforms. The
- Installs, maintains, monitors, and repairs all HVAC systems in
assigned telecommunication facilities.
- Completes all preventive maintenance tasks including coil
cleaning, filter and belt changes, lubricating bearings/motors,
operational tests comprised of checking voltages, amperages and
refrigerant pressures and any other necessary tasks to keep HVAC
and mechanical systems operating as designed.
- Conduct repairs as needed to ensure N+1 redundancy for all
mechanical systems being mindful of budget and cost saving
- Responds to emergency calls within market to analyze and
resolve complex mechanical, electrical, and/or other building
related problems to prevent or minimize network service
- Operates building management system to troubleshoot HVAC
systems and maintain energy efficiency and power utilization
- Interacts with internal customers, contractors, suppliers, and
engineers to exchange information to ensure systems run at peak
conditions and identify end of life equipment for budgeting
- Participates in commissioning activities and testing procedures
to ensure new and modified equipment/systems are functioning as
- Keeps detailed records of assignments, work activities and
required equipment maintenance history in Computerized Maintenance
- Uses tools, such as common hand and power tools - hammers,
hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring
instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices, refrigerant
gauges, oxy-acetylene torch rigs, vacuum pumps, refrigerant
recovery systems and other tools necessary to perform job
- Reviews and analyzes mechanical and electrical schematic
drawings to determine work to be performed, and/or evaluate work
- Must have PC skills and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows
and Office applications.
- Assist with site equipment audits to ensure CMMS represents all
critical infrastructure assets to include HVAC Systems, Generators,
DC Power Plants, UPS Systems, Fire Systems, Battery Strings and
other asset types found in telecom environments.
- Ability to be on-call after normal hours and work varying
shifts with possible overtime and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions with exposure to
noise and fumes.
- Requires ability to work under conditions that may be
physically uncomfortable or dangerous.
- Capable of extremely high standards of customer service and the
technical capability to grow and maintain a telecommunications
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- May be required to wear safety glasses, safety shoes,
protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
- May utilize pallet jacks, two-wheeled carts, hand trucks,
- May be required to lift/move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time. What We Look For in a
- 2 - 5 years as HVAC technician.
- Valid state driver's license with satisfactory driving
- Possesses Universal certification to work with
refrigerants/chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with HVAC/Mechanical systems
found in telecom or data center environment to include
Liebert/Vertiv CRAC units or similar brands, Drycoolers,
Fluid/Hydronic Loops, Pumps and Expansion Tanks
- Experience with retrofitting/converting refrigerant circuits
from R-22 to R-407C or another suitable substitute
- Experience working around other critical infrastructure assets
such as DC Power Plants, Battery Strings, UPS systems, Fire
Systems, Generators and Automatic Transfer Switches, Utility
- Experience with compressor changeouts on Liebert 20 & 30 Ton
CRAC units or similar systems and all associated task related to
- Education Level: High School/GED
- Technical/Trade School - Field of Study - HVAC/R or 5 years'
experience What to Expect Next Based on your job application
information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video
interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of
questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game
Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in
order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time?
No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete
the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this
within 5 days of your application date.Requisition #: 237576EEO
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Orlando , HVAC Journeyman I - Orlando, FL, Professions , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!