Installation Project Specialist - Orlando, FL
Company: Getinge Group
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our
customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide
innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units,
sterilization departments and for life science companies and
institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such
as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope just to name a
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both
inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every
Job Function Summary:
Installation Project Specialist is responsible for ensuring the
highest quality installation of Getinge equipment by following
manufacturer's instructions. The Installation Project Specialist
will work closely with the Project Manager to coordinate all order
activities. The Installation Project Specialist is responsible for
attending customer meetings and verifying installation site
readiness. Responsibilities also include scheduling installation
resources as well as oversight of the 3rd party contractors.
* Perform installation training at customer establishments for
Getinge certified contractors.
* Assist in the evaluation and certification of contractors
* Develop non-standard cost quotes
* Act as the subject matter expert (SME) for Project Managers and
Installation Project Specialists
* Conduct Pre-PO site inspections to identify any non-standard
* Conduct pre-installation site inspections to ensure installation
site readiness. Represent company interests at pre-installation
meetings. Interface with customers pertaining to work requirements
* Ensure quality installation services at customer establishments
in accordance with established procedures and techniques, using
proper tools, test equipment, and components.
* Determine the appropriate staffing levels required for
installations and schedule install staff.
* Provide direction on installation of Getinge products for both
union and non-union contractors with onsite presence required when
* Ensure all site labor is aware of site requirements (for example,
working hours, safety equipment and training, reporting structure,
* Provide feedback to Project Managers on contractor progress and
* Work closely with designated Project Manager on jobs to secure
proper coordination of all installation activities.
* Perform installations when needed according to Getinge
specifications and verify equipment operation per manufacturer
* Ensure equipment is fully operable for Service to complete
Checkout and begin handling warranty calls.
* Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures, as
mandated by Getinge policies, customer/contractor requirements, and
* Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working
relationships with customers, contractors, and all Getinge
* Maintain personal competence for meeting job responsibilities
through effective use of product information and technical data
provided by Getinge and others. Participate in training seminars,
meetings, and on-the-job training programs.
* Accurately prepare and submit all required reports, within the
* Maintain expenses and limits established by company policy.
* Promote company products and services.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Computer literacy; familiarity with information technology
concepts, personal computers, Microsoft Windows operating system
and Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Exceptional troubleshooting, diagnostic skills, and the ability
to interpret blue prints and installation drawings.
* Must travel as required to customer. Must be able to operate an
automobile (valid driver's licensed required). Extensive travel, by
both vehicle and airplane ( 85%) may be required depending on the
location of projects.
* Must be able to interpret and manipulate data from
computer-generated reports, software programs, and written
* Must be able to safely and correctly manipulate and utilize
required hand tools.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule. Start and end times for an
8-hour shift will flex to meet customer demands.
* Will be required to lift up to 75lbs.
Experience and Education Requirements:
* Associates Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent (i.e.
military training program), or equivalent combination of education
* Minimum 5 years demonstrated hands-on field experience, including
ability to apply technical expertise and make judgments regarding
systems and equipment of considerable complexity.
* Preferably 2 years' experience in an elevated service level
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our
passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the
world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope
you will join us on our journey to become the world s most desired
Keywords: Getinge Group, Orlando , Installation Project Specialist - Orlando, FL, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!