Wellness Coordinator, Dr. P. Phillips YMCA Family Center
Company: YMCA of Central Florida
Posted on: August 17, 2019
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to providing health and
wellness solutions for its members and community. We have an
exciting opportunity for a Full-time Wellness Coordinator at the
Dr. P. Phillips YMCA Family Center. Under supervision of the
Wellness Director, this individual is responsible for assisting in
the growth and success of the Wellness department. Responsibilities
include the leadership of the Wellness staff, Personal Trainers,
Specialty Fitness classes, and Family Fitness programs. Critical to
the success of this position is the ability to provide excellent
member service, involvement, engagement, retention initiatives and
introducing innovative strides in program development. This
individual must have the technical ability to utilize the cloud
based wellness program as well as other technical systems. S/he
will be required to work flexible hours, especially during peak
times of facility usage that includes some weekends and holidays as
needed. A portion of the time this person will be performing
Personal Training functions. Qualifications:
- Associate's degree or equivalent required in Wellness or
related field; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum two years proven experience in managing wellness
- Minimum three years experience in wellness, or fitness industry
- YMCA wellness or operations experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle and Technogym
experience a plus.
- ACSM, NSCA, NASM, W.IT.S., or ACE, CPR/AED and First Aid
- Must possess communication, supervisory, and organizational
- Must possess competent knowledge of exercise principles,
fitness testing, health risks, and exercise program design.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with exercise safety
guidelines for instruction and equipment. Company Benefits: Along
with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central
Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan.
- YMCA membership for employee, and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Career growth opportunities with one of the largest and most
innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented
and diverse individuals! The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free
Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity
prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political
affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran
Keywords: YMCA of Central Florida, Orlando , Wellness Coordinator, Dr. P. Phillips YMCA Family Center, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!