Shear/Equipment Operator (Night Shift)
Company: Trademark Metals Recycling
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Overview Are you looking for a rewarding career with a dynamic
company? Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR) is hiring. We are
passionate about our business and about building relationships that
stand the test of time. We are pro-active self-starters who thrive
on opportunities, challenges and have a strong work ethic. And of
course, we're competitive. TMR achieves success by hiring the best
people so we are looking for motivated teammates that have a desire
to help shape the future of scrap metal recycling. TMR is Florida's
largest scrap metal recycler with over 20 recycling facilities
located throughout the state. Our facilities include four
automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch
processing, auto crushers, an extensive truck and railcar fleet,
landfill services and railcar dismantling. TMR is a wholly owned
subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in
1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With
over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in
Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor
Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned
reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized
as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong
and environmentally proactive. Responsibilities This position is
for night shift working M-F 9pm-9am depending on production. Some
weekends may be required.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Attend
safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- Operate mobile shear and other heavy equipment of various sizes
including cranes and loaders, etc.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: cutting large scrap
metal pieces, loading scrap material onto shredder feed conveyor,
pushing shred pile up, moving material throughout the yard, and/or
loading trucks and railcars, etc.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or
needed repairs to supervisor.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift or skid steer if
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to
sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or
equipment throughout the yard.
- Effectively communicate over radio with teammates for traffic
coordination, production, and safety procedures.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other
employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager. Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while
providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 3-years previous heavy equipment operation in
manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles, hazards and
safety precautions as well as mechanical ability.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete
job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in
an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all
- Bilingual preferred. Benefits We offer a competitive
compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus
program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage,
vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition
reimbursement and other great benefits. EEO Statement Trademark
Metals Recycling LLC (TMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts
pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.TMR is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy,
lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age,
marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information,
protected veteran status, military status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
or regulations. TMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the
basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd
like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please
click here. TMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with
disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity
and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This
applies to all applicants and teammates.TMR also provides a work
environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and
work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or
tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and
require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an
atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual
respect by and for all teammates and applicants. E-Verify
Information - E-Verify Notice
Keywords: Trademark Metals Recycling, Orlando , Shear/Equipment Operator (Night Shift), Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!