Security Officer - Full time
Company: Benchmark Hospitality
Posted on: July 13, 2018
Benchmark---s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company---s stated purpose is ---to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.To be the ---benchmark--- by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.Job Description Summary:The Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of guests, employees and their property. This includes supporting other department activities to help assure the highest levels of guest and employee service. The Security Officer will also help guide and support the administration of, and training on, safety and security functions for both other security officers and the employees.Job Description:QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCEEducation: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.Experience: Prior law enforcement or other military experience preferred.Licenses or certificates: Required: Florida FSS. 493., Class ---D--- Security Officer License --. CPR certification and first aid training preferred.Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).Other: Applicants with additional language skills preferred.The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the buildings, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. --Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Spend majority of shift on Vehicle patrol, foot patrol, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the resort to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using Cell Phone and two way radios, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR. Maintain order in the resort, dealing with the welfare of guests, eg., assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of Resort --policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands. Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority. Capable of preparing computer generated reports in a complete and timely manner.Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly. Use a clear, concise English speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information. Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees can be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Resort.Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.---------- MARGINAL FUNCTIONS:---------- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.Check employee packages as they exit to ensure no open food or property is being removed. Insure package passes have supervisor---s signature of approval on them. Screen persons entering this entrance for purpose and authorization.Receive, record and store lost and found items. Research and respond to inquirers from guests concerning status of items. Mail out claimed items to owner.Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots, provide same for employees carrying house banks.Assist guests with door lock problems using moderately complex hand-held electronic apparatus.Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Keywords: Benchmark Hospitality, Orlando, Security Officer - Full time, Other, Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!