Registered Nurse RN Medical PCU
Company: AdventHealth Orlando
Posted on: September 18, 2023
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- *$20,000Sign-on Bonus and up to$3,000Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program Our promise to you: Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. Its about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding
thattogetherwe are even better. Schedule:Full Time Shift:Day and
Night shifts available Location:601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
The Community Youll Be Caring For:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary
facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year
- Want to see what its like to work with us? Click here for a
virtual tour of our Orlando campus! Unit Description:
- With staffing ratios of 4/5 patients per nurse, ourmedical
progressive care unit (PCU) runs a team nursing model that provides
intermediate-level care for patients who require more monitoring
and intervention than those in a regular medical-surgical unit, but
not as intensive as those in an intensive care unit (ICU).
- Our patients typically have conditions such as heart failure,
diabetes, respiratory distress, sepsis, or other complex medical
needs. Our unit is staffed with registered nurses, licensed
practical nurses, respiratory therapists, other members of the
interprofessional team to assist with the management, and
monitoring of critically ill patients.
- Our PCU offers specialized equipment and technologies,
including cardiac monitoring and telemetry, non-invasive
ventilation, pulse oximetry, and specialized IV pumps. Our staff is
also trained in the use of advanced care techniques, such as wound
care, medications, and nutritional support.
- Our medical PCU team works closely with physicians,
rehabilitation specialists, social workers, and other healthcare
professionals to provide an individualized care plan for each
patient. The goal of our PCU is to improve patient outcomes, reduce
complications, and prevent ICU admissions.
- Our medical PCU usesVirtual Nursingsupport to assist our
bedside nurses with admissions, discharges, safety rounding,
patient education, virtual safety companions, and post discharge
support for our patients.
- Providing quality care is our priority so in addition to our
Registered Nurses and Virtual Nursing Team our PCU also utilizes
LPNs to provide safe patient care. The roleyoullcontribute: The
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and
supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities
to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process
(assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the
goals of the nursing department. Terms:24 month Employment Contract
Required for Sign-on and Relocation Sign-on Eligibility:
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
- Night Shift eligible for full $20,000. Relocation Eligibility:
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences youll need to succeed: Minimum
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per
- EKG Preferred qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth Orlando, Orlando , Registered Nurse RN Medical PCU, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!