Company: Adapt Health LLC
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Patient Liaisons have many responsibilities related to customer
service, equipment and service deliveries in the hospital, and
marketing-related activities. This may include delivering medical
equipment and supplies to patients in a timely and professional
manner and teaching the patient how to use and maintain their
equipment; initiating verification of patient insurance benefits;
communicating the patient's financial responsibility to the
patient, and collecting any amounts due using AdaptHealth provided
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Be knowledgeable of and responsible for the current AdaptHealth
policies and procedures that apply to this position.
- Represent AdaptHealth in a professional manner in face-to-face
contact with patients, referral sources, and hospital
- Responsible for maintaining and increasing revenue from
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of home equipment,
insurance guidelines, eligibility, and reimbursement for
- Responsible for fulfilling equipment orders and assuring that
equipment is clean, in proper working order and quantities are
correct, delivery instructions are correct, and required paperwork
is taken to the patient.
- Delivers/Picks up supplies and equipment in a courteous,
accurate, and timely manner meeting the timely delivery goal for
- Understands issues related to the most cost-effective delivery
method for HME ordered.
- Trains and educates patients and caregivers on the use of
equipment and answers any inquiries they may have about
- Informs new patients about their rights and responsibilities,
whom to contact with questions, and how to contact the billing
department. Responsible for informing patients about patient
- Responsible for initiating the insurance verification process
and informing patients of their financial responsibility.
- Discusses insurance coverage with the patient and arranges
payment of the patient's financial responsibility.
- Able to process credit and debit card payments using standard
- Responsible for obtaining signatures of patient or caregiver
for each piece of paperwork including the delivery ticket,
assignment of benefits, care plan, and waiver of liability.
- Documents date and time of delivery-on-delivery ticket and
lists any problems or changes to the order and updates driving
directions if necessary.
- Responsible for returning dirty equipment to the closet and
tagging broken equipment, including the branch name and brief
description of the problem, for return to the repair area.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and servicing all equipment and
making decisions on switch-outs.
- Conducts sales & service rounds within the assigned hospitals,
promoting products and services provided by AdaptHealth to all
health care professionals that they may encounter daily.
- Increases referral volume from the facility by promotion within
business lines and cross-selling among business lines through
solicitation/facilitation of referral orders from referral
- Understands and maintains a balanced focus on the most
profitable business lines.
- Acts as a resource for referral source staff regarding
Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance documentation and
reimbursement guidelines related to DME/RT/IV/HH equipment and
- The assists the sales team in the planning and conducting of
orientations and in-services to referral sources regarding HME
equipment and services provided.
- Obtains all required information and medical documentation to
ensure complete, accurate, and timely processing of referrals.
Strives to obtain MD order signatures and original prescriptions
- Assures that diagnoses and disease states warrant the need for
prescribed equipment and services from a reimbursement standpoint.
Suggests additional equipment and services if warranted based on
diagnoses or makes appropriate recommendations.
- Can execute the entire referral process, for all applicable
- Coordinates with other departments to minimize delivery
expenses and provide efficient service to customers.
- Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control,
and hazardous materials handling.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and function within the
guidelines of HIPAA.
- Completes assigned compliance training and other educational
programs as required.
- Maintains compliance with AdaptHealth's Compliance
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Competency, Skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Product and service knowledge
- Motivation for sales
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Possess mental alertness and the ability to properly treat
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate Degree
from an accredited college is preferred
- One (1) year of work related to health care, administrative,
insurance, customer services, or management regardless of
- The exact job experience considered must be DME, Diabetes,
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license in the state of
residence Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, and sit for
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and/or
fingers due to extensive computer use.
- The work environment may be stressful at times, as overall
office activities and work levels fluctuate.
- Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to the computer
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noise, extreme
heat/cold, direct, or indirect contact with airborne, bloodborne,
and/or other potentially infectious pathogens
- May be exposed to angry or irate customers, patients, or
- Ability to utilize a personal computer and other office
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Physical and mental ability to provide clinical
- Ability to travel independently throughout the service
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate both verbally and
written with customers with the ability to demonstrate empathy,
compassion, courtesy, and respect for privacy.
- Mental alertness to perform the essential functions of the
Keywords: Adapt Health LLC, Orlando , Patient Liaison, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...