Controls System Engineer (E2, E3, E5) RE2 A
Company: Aerodyne Industries
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Description: Aerodyne Industries is a dynamic, rapidly growing
engineering and information technology services firm
headquarteredon Florida's exciting Space Coast. With locations
throughout the US, we take pride in delivering small business
agility with large corporation capabilities. Our list of clients
count on us to prepare NASA's Mission to the Moon and Mars and
defend our nation supporting the Missile Defense Agency and
Department of Defense. Join the adventure of a lifetime by becoming
a teammate with Aerodyne Industries and work on projects that will
define our future. Purpose and Scope Perform a variety of controls
engineering assignments, utilizing working knowledge of computer
systems and Building Automation Systems, to support project
development, designing, operations, installation, and maintenance
of systems such as HVAC, compressed air, wastewater, and potable
water distribution. These systems are located at the Kennedy Space
Center - at locations throughout the site, including at space
flight hardware processing facilities, launch pad support buildings
and facilities, engineering and administrative support buildings
and other types of industrial and related support facilities.Job
Duties and Essential Responsibilities
- Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks
under minimal supervision.
- Support Shop technicians and operators as needed for assigned
systems. Troubleshoot and provide technical expertise for technical
anomalies as they arise.
- Provide input to and actively participate in applicable System
Health and Readiness Program (SHARP) teams.
- Coordinate and work closely with requester, other engineering,
logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define
system specifications and requirements.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and
- Direct interface and liaison with internal and external
customers at all levels from concept to final design and
commissioning activities, design reviews and technical working
group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze
engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and
- May support development of technical proposal and provide
comments on the technical content and level of effort of the
proposed scope of work.
- Develop or revise procedures and job plans for assigned
- Support the effort of performing readiness assessments of
assigned equipment and systems.
- Revise and add new asset information in Maximo database for
assigned systems and equipment per MAR (Maintenance Action Request)
- Develop task order requirements to NASA to complete Operations
& Maintenance Documentation (OMD) updates per specific, contracted
timeframes. OMD updates could be on drawings or job plans for
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with CAD drafters,
Design Engineers, or shop personnel by written or verbal
- Working knowledge of PLC's hardware, and code using ladder
logic and Function Block, VFD's, SCADA systems interfaces
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or
requested.Job Requirements: This position is posted at multiple
levels. Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Management
or related scientific field and/or 4 to 10 years of job-related
experience or equivalent.
- Good communication and analytical skills. Preferred
- Additional working knowledge of computer systems and building
automation systems such as:
- Distech Controls
- Understanding of Modbus protocol
- Troubleshooting skills for control circuits
- Able to review and understand software code for HVAC equipment
- Able to interrupt and draft sequence of operations for HVAC
- Prefer working knowledge of computer systems of one or more of
the following Building Automation Systems:
- Andover (Continuum Software)
- LoNworks (working knowledge of LonMaker, LonServer, using LNS
- Honeywell (CARE)
- Johnson Metasys
- Carrier iVu
- Ecostruxure Other Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain
required clearances/badges as required by program and position
- Must have the ability to communicate in English, both verbal
and written in an effective manner.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- May require some limited travel.
- May require the ability to pass and maintain a Security
Clearance. Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
This position involves work typical of an office environment with
no unusual hazards; occasional lifting to 20 pounds; constant
sitting with use of computer terminal; constant use of sight
abilities while reviewing documents; constant use of speech/hearing
abilities for communication; constant mental alertness; must
possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under
deadlines. Fieldwork will consist primarily of site walk downs in
support of design projects and system trouble shooting Site hazard
training and Personal Protective Equipment are provided.Other
- Safety - PSP enforces a safety culture whereby all employees
have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining
a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is
responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling
all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency
response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our
business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It
is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer
expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the PSP
Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with
applicable PSP Quality System documents and customer contracts.
Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management
and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and
implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and
environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies
pertaining to their job. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. This position is
eligible for Level 2 Employee Referral Award Program - To complete
the referral form please follow the link below or scan the QR
Location: Kennedy Space Center - Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899 US
(Primary)Clearance Required: NoneShift Type: Education: Bachelor's
DegreeCareer Level: Mid Level Career 5+ yearsCategory:
EngineeringDate Needed By: Job Type: Full-timeTravel:
Keywords: Aerodyne Industries, Orlando , Controls System Engineer (E2, E3, E5) RE2 A, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...