Supv, Environmental Services
Company: Orlando Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Facility: Winnie Palmer Hospital
Location: Orlando Florida
Type: Full Time
Shift: First Shift
The Environmental Services Supervisor performs a variety of
supervisory functions, directing the daily operational activities
of the department or departments assuring that all quality and
standards are met by making personal daily rounds, signing
inspection reports and responding promptly, safely, and efficiently
to all service or customer requests. He/she assures that there is
adequate staff and supplies to always meet the customers'
expectations; that the staff is always professional in their
conduct and appearance and is committed to the highest possible
customer satisfaction levels.
- Assists in controlling expenses within his/her area of
- Assists the Manager of Environmental Services or Operations
Manager in attaining the financial goals for his/her area.
- Responsible for accuracy and timelines of reports, financial
data and statistics.
- Responsible for productivity and staffing that is appropriate
to his/her area.
- Demonstrates and promotes the hospital Culture, Values and I
- Demonstrates a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving
for and meeting the department's goals and objectives.
- Recognizes the need for and demonstrates good communication and
listening skills with customers, physicians, other staff, and their
- Promotes teamwork within their assigned process or Department
and within the organization.
- Coaches and counsels associate as needed; provides continuous
feedback on performance and applies appropriate development tools
to assist in their individual growth.
- Maximizes customer and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to see that all work assignments are carried out
properly, safely and completely within the allotted time schedule;
assuring that the quantity and quality of the work meets all
standards even if he/she must perform some duties, as occasions may
- To achieve a Superior Facility Image, this position is
responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of patient rooms, and
ancillary areas to include, but not limited to bathrooms, public
areas, corridors, medication storage rooms as directed by licensed
clinical staff and any other areas that may require attention using
designated and appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures.
- Understands and complies with Safety and Infection Control
practices within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Manages various personnel functions including hiring, work
assignments, coaching plans, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent
with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal,
state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and
- Assists the Operations Manager or EVS Leader with revising and
implementing changes in policies and procedures to meet all
licensing agency requirements (e.g., The Joint Commission, AHCA,
Local & State Regulatory Agencies).
- Supports all policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Assists the Manager Environmental Services or the Operations
Manager with cross-functional and technical training programs.
- Promotes associate ownership of work processes.
- Communicates openly and freely with associates ensuring good
two-way communication within the Department.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess
technical competence in linen distribution, laundry services, or
- Three (3) years of experience as an Environmental Services
worker required or related supervisory experience (or combination
thereof). Associates degree may be substituted for two years of
Keywords: Orlando Health, Orlando , Supv, Environmental Services, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!