Front Desk - PSR
Company: Health Care Center For The Homeless
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description Covid-19 Protocol:
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for
employees, Health Care Center for the Homeless dba Orange Blossom
Family Health requires that all newly hired employees be fully
vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the
first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent
permitted by applicable law. HCCH/OBFH will consider requests for
reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons
on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal
Job Title: Patient Service Representative/ Patient Advocate
Team Assignment: Medical Department-Front Desk Reports To: Site
Purpose: Patient Service Representatives (PSRs) are the first
contact for all patients, visitors, volunteers, and staff entering
the clinic. They are responsible for maintaining a cordial,
comfortable, and professional environment. PSRs facilitate the
registration and processing of each patient from check-in to
check-out. PSRs assist with the day to day needs of clinic patients
and visitors. Front desk support services include, but are not
limited to medical records, charge review & entry, appointment
scheduling, & patient advocacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Open secured front office area by 7:45am each business day.
2. Retrieve & return patient voicemails mid-morning & at close of
3. Register all new & established patient accounts for
4. Verify eligibility and benefits for each patient 1-day in
5. Review patient financial responsibility for medical, behavioral
health, & pharmacy services during the initial registration process
& annual renewal.
6. Collect co-payment fees according to the sliding fee
7. Monitor front lobby area for emergencies.
8. Collect & scan all registration required forms necessary to
verify identify, proof of income, and residency.
9. Daily appointment confirmation calls for behavioral health
patients 1-day in advance as applicable.
10. Reschedule medical & behavioral health appointments as
11. Balance open journal by reviewing & comparing all daily
collections to the open journal report for accuracy & even
12. Answer calls utilizing the Front desk telephone etiquette, take
detailed messages, provide general information regarding services,
and route all incoming calls to the appropriate staff or
13. Provide community resources to patients not eligible or
inappropriate for our services.
14. Distribute and collect patient satisfaction surveys
15. Analyze & evaluate all medical record requests in accordance
with departmental policies & procedures.
16. Enter & scan original medical record request into the patient
electronic medical record.
17. Ensure all medical records are accurate and complete prior to
disclosing information according to department policy.
18. Reports all HIPAA violations and/or potential risks related to
the release, use, and/or maintenance of medical records to the
19. Able to lead, guide, and train staff, student employees,
interns, and/or volunteers performing task involving patient health
20. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties and/or functions as
High school diploma/GED with 2 to 4 years experience directly
related to the duties and responsibilities specified above
Preferred Medical Assistant familiar with front desk operations
within a community health center or physician practice
Prefer Certified Health Information Technician
General knowledge of medical & managed care terminology
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledgeable of state and federal laws regarding HIPAA and patient
Ability to operate standard office equipment such as fax, copier,
Ability to investigate & analyze information to draw
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Electronic Medical
Bilingual (Spanish) Required
Keywords: Health Care Center For The Homeless, Orlando , Front Desk - PSR, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!