Vice Chancellor for Operations
Company: Columbia Association, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
South University Atlanta, 6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Atlanta,
Georgia, United States of America --- South University Orlando, FL,
4901 Vineland Road, Orlando, Florida, United States of America ---
South University Tampa, FL, 4401 N. Himes Avenue, Tampa, Florida,
United States of America --- South University West Palm Beach, FL,
9801 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of
America Req #1873 Monday, January 9, 2023 What's next for you is
the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to
doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution
dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the
intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse
student population. Our 120-year story-past, present and future-is
a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the
education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to
the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South
University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we
take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and
personalized attention that helps students define goals and
identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature
hands-on experiences that not only shape students' skills and
excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters
through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the
pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu today
to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong,
Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the
lives of students eager to learn and grow. South University, the
right direction for a brighter future. *Medical *Vision FSA/HSA
Long/Short Term Disability Life Insurance Employee Assistance
Program 401K Match Generous Paid Time Off 12 Paid Holidays SUMMARY:
The Vice Chancellor for Operations (VCO) is responsible for the
profitability of all South campuses. In collaboration with
functional leaders at the Vice Chancellor, Assistant Vice
Chancellor and each campus Executive Committee levels, the
incumbent will be the key contributor to the direction of each
campus resulting in exceeding budgeted year-over-year student
enrollment growth and operating profit. This individual must
possess an entrepreneurial approach to campus management and
collaborate with all University stakeholders to influence and
support each campus Executive Committee team to high performance
and create a reputation of excellence among the organizations
served by the institution's campuses. The Vice Chancellor of
Operations utilizes extensive campus business experience and
financial acumen to increase the year-over-year performance and
profitability of each campus.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Possess the business acumen and campus leadership operational
experience necessary to lead each campus to increasing
- Provides daily campus operational oversight to ensure each
campus is profitable and defined expectations for improvement are
achieved and sustained.
- Serves as an effective team member of the University Executive
- Conducts virtual weekly EC meetings with each campus and
includes needed resources to maximize support achieving high levels
of EC teamwork and results.
- Coordinates and collaborates daily with VCs and AVCs.
- Works closely with the University Chancellor on campus
improvement initiatives and strategic plans and execution.
- Recommends cap-ex and operational budgets for campuses.
- Coordinates the local campus marketing budget with Finance and
Marketing to ensure growing campus awareness and increasing student
enrollment in each campus market to fill student clinical program
cohorts each start.
- Reviews data and metrics daily to determine results and
communicate needed actions with all stakeholders.
- Manage directly the Orlando and High Point campuses with an
entrepreneurial focus achieving high growth of these two smaller
- Manages maintenance and construction through the Director for
- Ensures all campuses have state-of-the-art security and
emergency plans with all personnel appropriately trained.
- Leads real estate planning with external audiences to right
size campus space utilization.
- Replaces, as appropriate, all campus Champion roles.
- Other duties as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years in an academic operations leadership
- Ability and willingness to manage and lead South campuses to
high performance in a matrix reporting structure with other Vice
- Demonstrated successes in operational management.
- Relies on leadership, not title, to influence change.
- Intrinsically motivated with high emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiastic and relentless even when working under pressing
- Ability to quickly resolve inquiries and complaints from
employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the
academic or business community.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present information in
a clear manner to faculty and academic and campus leaders,
university leaders, and public groups.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strategic thinker with an action orientation.
- High level of financial acumen.
- Ability to work with urgency and properly set priorities for
self and others. Experience with computerized administrative
systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on
personal computers. ABILITY TO TRAVEL: Road warrior. Estimated at
80% of most work weeks. The individual must be able to travel out
of the local area as required to support the assigned campuses and
participate in face-to-face meetings.
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual
with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with
or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential
functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in
person, over the telephone, through email, video conference, and
other electronic means, move about the office or campus, handle
various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise
identify, observe and assess.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces
diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and
graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a
diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and
perspectives can thrive.
- South University Atlanta, 6600 Peachtree Dunwoody Road,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- South University Orlando, FL, 4901 Vineland Road, Orlando,
Florida, United States of America
- South University Tampa, FL, 4401 N. Himes Avenue, Tampa,
Florida, United States of America
- South University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801 Belvedere Road, West
Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America
Keywords: Columbia Association, Inc., Orlando , Vice Chancellor for Operations, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!