Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: Fifth Third Bank
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to
take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third
Bank.GENERAL FUNCTION:Performs a wide range of duties relating to
the origination of residential 1st mortgage loans for outside
referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined by management for
mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives. Assumes overall
responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application
to closing.Responsible and accountable for risk by openly
exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally
following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for
always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and
ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer
experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite,
achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing,
monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and
- Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company's policies
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing
procedures, and underwriting and general departmental
- Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
- Take applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003
on the laptop.
- Utilize the laptop for communication and access of daily rates,
applicant credit reports, Loan Prospector responses and
transmitting the loan to LOMAS.
- Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and
deliver loan package in the time frames set by management.
- Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and
complete required management reports.
- Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely
updates and progress reports.
- Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each
applicant's and support staff's expectations.
- Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as
required by management.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGEAND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent mandatory. Four-year college
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate
- Must have at least two years of mortgage lending
- Must have an established local book of business.
- Must have existing mortgage sales of at least $1 million per
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills.
- Proven computer skills.
- Basic sales technique skills.
- Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of
employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides
the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this
position.LI - MC1Mortgage Loan OriginatorLOCATION -- Orlando,
Florida 32801Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to
have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure
equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless
of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran
status or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, Orlando , Mortgage Loan Originator, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!