Wok Cook, Morimoto Asia
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Patina Restaurant Group is hiring
for a Wok Cook to join our team at Morimoto Asia in Lake Buena
Vista, Florida. We are looking for Wok cooks experienced in a high
volume, fast paced Asian cuisine kitchen. Your role in the kitchen
will be partnering with the management team to deliver food to
quality standards, train new kitchen team members, and monitor the
quantities and integrity of each dish prepared.
At Delaware North, we care about our associates professional and
personal wellbeing. We have a comprehensive benefits program
designed to give our associates the comfort, safety, and stability
they need to deliver exceptional service to our guests. All
associates are eligible for benefits including weekly pay, employee
assistance program, training and development, employee discounts,
and flexible work schedules. Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and tuition
reimbursement are available for eligible
- Assist in training and coaching of other team members.
- Review menus and customer orders to determine type and
quantities of food to be prepared, properly measures and portions
all food items.
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies and procedures.
- May plan menus and estimate required food quantities, labor,
and overhead costs. May lead the work of kitchen assistants in
preparing, cooking, and storing food, as well as in maintaining
kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition.
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and
according proper guidelines.
- Keep workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follow and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Complete end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned.Qualifications
At least 1 years previous experience
in back-of-the-house foodservice position required.Participation in
a culinary program is preferred.Ability to read and comprehend prep
sheets and recipes.Basic math skills; ability to understand,
calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.Physical
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6 to 7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We Are
Patina Restaurant Group is a leader in the premium segment of the
restaurant and catering industry, operating restaurants and
managing catering and food service operations at high-profile
venues including, Lincoln Center, Walt Disney World , Disneyland ,
the Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, and The
Metropolitan Opera.At Delaware North, you ll love where you work,
who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
opportunity employer. Associated topics: banquet, cafeteria,
cocinera de produccion, commercial, dinner, food prep, fryer,
maker, prep, salad
Keywords: Delaware North, Orlando , Wok Cook, Morimoto Asia, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!