Administrative Coordinator - Per Diem
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Provides complex administrative support in preparation and
completion of all administrative duties and department projects.
Responsible for all aspects of office operations including
preparation of spreadsheets, charts, correspondence, scheduling
meetings, managing calendars, maintaining office inventory,
ordering supplies, taking minutes of meetings, sorting and
distributing mail, responding to inquiries, triaging and routing
calls, maintaining and updating contract database, assisting with
new hire processing and other personnel related items. Under
supervision of department manager/director, prepares various
reports including monthly budget summary, account status reports
and semi-annual profit and loss statements.
Schedule: Per Diem
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Administrative& Office Support
- Create Word documents/correspondence, Excel spreadsheets,
PowerPoint presentations, and Access databases. Generate, proofread
and edit correspondence for content and grammatical
- Responsible for screening calls/correspondence as well as
responding and/or re-directing to appropriate parties for
- Transcribe technical medical data from recorded dictations.
Ensures accuracy of terminology as this information will become an
integral part of the patients' medical record.
- Assist the Administrative Director with coordinating
confidential personnel-related matters, including but not limited
to timesheet collection and submission, reimbursement requests,
tracking employees throughout the hospital when needed., etc.
- Make and coordinate travel and hotel arrangements for staff and
consultants. Provide general support to traveling staff members,
such as handling mail and phone calls if necessary.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies and
equipment. Call for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Orient and provide training and supervision to volunteers and
Grant & Funding Support
- Deal with an extensive array of confidential matters involving
staff, donors and volunteers related to the marketing and
fundraising efforts of BMC and the department/program.
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator, coordinate
grant proposal submissions and reports, including monitoring of
grant compliance, managing contract and fundraising databases,
tracking donations, acknowledging gifts, drafting of proposals and
reports (including budgets and budget documents), and partnering
with BMC's Development Office.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in preparing for publication
and proofreading scientific manuscripts, bibliographies and
Special Projects Support
- Provide research and administrative support for special
projects. Provide oversight of other clerical staff.
- Responsible for assembling and mailing confidential, HIPPA
protected correspondence to patient families, referring clinicians,
and outside agencies as well as time-sensitive public materials,
including mass production letters, brochures, newsletters,
- Ensure that messages are current and consistent in all
communications including: donor thank you letters, emails,
brochures, website and other written materials.
- Plan, organize and coordinate departmental meetings or special
events, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking
invitations, procuring food and beverage and ensuring vendor
payment. Set up room and equipment (A/V tech, conference call if
necessary, projector, etc.). Prepare agenda, produce and supply
materials, record and distribute meeting notes.
- Adapt to changes in the departmental needs including but not
limited to: offering assistance to other team members, providing
temporary coverage, adjusting assignments, etc.
- Provide general clerical support including: filing, making
appointments, photocopying, faxing, preparing and sending bulk
mailings and express packages, coordinating conference calls, and
maintaining contacts database.
- Conform to hospital standards of performance and conduct,
including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best
possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilize hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for
decision-making and to facilitate the hospital and the department's
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree plus 1 year related experience ( will
consider equivalent combination of formal education and experience,
i.e. HS/GED plus 5 years related experience or Associates plus 2 -
3 years related experience).
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree must have at least 1 year
of administrative or office experience. For candidates with an
Associates or secretarial program certificate, work requires 2 -3
years minimum administrative related experience. For candidates
with high school diploma, work requires at least 5 years office
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- None required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Superior verbal/written English communication skills, including
excellent grammatical, editing and proofreading skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS
Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to be socially
perceptive in accepting and relaying confidential information,
communicating policies and procedures, and interacting effectively
with a variety of Medical Center personnel and outside
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Orlando , Administrative Coordinator - Per Diem, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!