Show Systems Tech, A/V (Projection Experience Required)
Company: Universal Orlando
Posted on: August 7, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing nightly preventative,
diagnostic, and corrective maintenance of all audio and visual
equipment; provides repair of large computer controlled
audio/visual, electronic messaging, projection, network, and
lasers. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual
inspections and preventative maintenance towards resort A/V
systems, projection systems, laser systems, and network systems.
Inspections and preventative maintenance include testing, cleaning,
replacement, verification/or daily start up procedure and/or
calibration of applicable control circuits/systems.
- Diagnose system failures and provide immediate and long-term
corrective actions that will improve operational reliability,
safety and serviceability of Audio/Visual equipment, projection
equipment, laser systems, and network equipment through improved
diagnostics and engineering approved software and hardware
revisions. This entails logical extensive troubleshooting,
referencing of technical drawings/manuals, specifications and the
CMMS system while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Provide data entry into the Computerized Maintenance Management
System (CMMS) and log completion of inspections, corrective
actions, and/or repairs made while listing parts required to
implement the repairs. Complete hard copy P.M. s and physical
logbook entries as appropriate. Follows correct chain of command to
notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Completes PQS qualification and other job responsibility
related training as assigned. Trains new technicians to do
venue-specific PM work orders, recovery procedures, and
- Responds to downtimes, show element quality repairs, and ride
recovery related issues in adherence with all applicable safety
rules and regulations. Initiates and engages in positive
interactions with internal partners.
- Performs projects and modifications to audio, visual, network,
or laser equipment, or design as directed by the Universal
Engineering/Creative/EHS/Attraction Operations departments. Utilize
and update documentation as appropriate. Follows correct chain of
command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Performs job duties as described in job description for
Technician, Show Systems Surveillance.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health
& Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy,
procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION:
- High school degree or GED required
- Electronic or electrical degree or equivalent from two-year
college or technical school preferred EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years of experience preferred: Must possess knowledge of
audio and video theory as well as practical training and
- Candidates should have advanced knowledge in the set-up and
ongoing maintenance of A/V systems.
- Technician with formal electronics training and/or at least 5
years experience in design, installation or maintenance of A/V
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CTS Certification
preferred ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Completion of orientation checklist into Computerized
Maintenance Management system (CMMS) required; applicable
regulatory training including forklift, high reach, heavy equipment
and Lock-Out Tag Out required.
- Must have the ability to work Third Shift.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms
for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search
firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet
or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of
Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando
HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal
Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by
Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can. Universal Orlando is an
equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related
indicia TM & 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Keywords: Universal Orlando, Orlando , Show Systems Tech, A/V (Projection Experience Required), Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!