Principal Data Architect - Central/Southeast
Company: Pure Storage
Posted on: June 25, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.What do NASA and emerging space
companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with
Roblox and the Metaverse?The answer is data, -- all fast moving,
fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in
their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the
full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision
is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by
simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000
customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched
the surface of our ambitions .Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go If you, like us, say "bring it
on" to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless
opportunities where you can make your mark.SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS
CHALLENGE...The Principal Data Architect (PDA) is the capstone of
the Data Architect Organization and serves as the example of our
evolution as technologists. Our Principals support the most
critical opportunities and strategic customers in the areas of
analytics pipelines, AI/ML, technical computing workflows, and
industry solutions such as EDA, PACS and genomics. Our Principal
DAs also serve as the primary conduit into FlashBlade Solutions,
Eng and Product Management.The Principal Data Architect (PDA) is a
senior level Data Architect with broad, deep industry experience.
The PDA has a great grasp of industry trends and a high degree of
business acumen. This role focuses on up-leveling the Systems
Engineering field teams, mentoring Data Architects and Systems
Engineers and serving as a technical thought leader across the
geography. The PDA is also a cross-functional role and has
responsibility for roadmap delivery, collaborating with the field
CTOs, providing feedback to Engineering and Product Management and
representing Pure in regional events.The PDA demonstrates
expert-level knowledge of the storage industry and adjacent
markets. Serves as a senior member of the Data Architect team and
operates in close relationship with the DA Manager, developing and
mentoring the DA team, driving the largest opportunities and sales
campaigns across the region, own regional roadmap responsibilities,
represent Pure at regional industry or marketing events, aid in
developing the technical prowess of the region while developing
Executive level relationships in the top strategic customers in the
region. Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application
of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Responsible for providing assistance and guidance to the sales
region, delivering the best technology solutions in a dynamically
evolving hyper-competitive environment. As required, leads any and
all aspects of the technical sales process.
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit/liaison between
customers, partners, sales, engineering, and product
- Identify key trends while mapping customer challenges/needs
with Pure Storage's business and technology strategy.
- Inspire/Ignite excitement both internally and externally
surrounding Pure's vision and ability to execute.
- Ability to speak with confidence on technical subjects, market
needs and conditions.
- Credible, customer focused technical resource, with the ability
to align/articulate technology to business value to a variety of
- In depth knowledge of the object and file use cases that best
fit our product offerings. Ability to help define and strategize
regional teams towards increasing TAM and use case opportunities.
Predict long-term competitive trends, and shifts in the market;
Maintains both broad and deep technical expertise across the
storage industry, including Pure and relevant competitive
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member,
providing direction and mentoring to others. Provide technical
leadership and mentoring for both their regional and global DA
organizations. Acts as a lead technical resource and mentor to the
- Represent Pure at industry events and key Pure marketing events
within the region; fully engaged in field marketing (customer,
- Focus on large or complex sales opportunities, which require
creative and complex solutions.
- Assist in developing programs, productivity tools and training
for the field DA and SE organization.
- Assist in developing, creation and delivery of excellent
presentations and demonstrations.
- Advise internal and external clients on overall architecture
and solutions. Ability to influence through presentations,
demonstrations, and verbal/written communication.
- Provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying the
technology/application to client business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions through business
value, aligning to technical strategy.
- Act as leading contributor individually and as a team member,
providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine
and very complex, involving the application of advanced
technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Through understanding and analysis of TCO (Total Cost of
Ownership), ROI (Return on Investment) and their applications
across the Pure portfolios.
- Pure Cultural Ambassador, assisting in maintaining the company
culture, to continue to retain and attract top technical
- Identify customer's business needs and align towards technical
goals of the company while able to align and assign priorities.
What You'll Need To Bring To This Role---
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or
- 7+ years (industry relevant) vendor (pre-sales, technical)
- 7+ years business experience with relevant storage, computer
applications, File/Object, high performance architectures.
- Strong experience and understanding of regional industries such
as manufacturing, automotive, industrial, agricultural, shipping,
etc and key use cases for Pure FlashBlade in those industries.
- Strong understanding in storage and flash memory
- Strong innovative disposition.
- Understanding and/or hands on experience in filesystem or
object storage design for high performance applications like: real
time analytics, AI/ML, simulation, HPC, or other key industry use
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and
organizational skills: needs analysis, positioning, and business
justification, project management.
- Thorough knowledge/experience of systems, infrastructures and
application infrastructures and design.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Extensive product experience across technology vendor(s), with
recognized impact and advancement of responsibility.
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of
storage, compute, database, networking, and File/Object
technologies; Ability to articulate and demonstrate advanced
- Facilitation of customer product/application understanding
through presentations, demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of
support throughout the sell.
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a
detail-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong
passion to make a difference.
- Strong executive presence and ability to evangelize momentums
with a wide range of dispositions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage
- Proficient in working towards results, with ownership and
accountability and the ability to change pace and focus in a
dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment. BE
YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.Pure is where you ask big
questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just
a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your
career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and
with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into
different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career
journey.Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a
flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the
personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure
Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.And because we understand the value of
bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of
perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off,
wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.PURE IS
COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.Research shows that in order to apply for a
job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men
usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you
identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match,
we encourage you to apply.Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity
and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic
legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are
being considered for hire.If you need assistance or an
accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at
TA-Ops@purestorage.com .APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
PRIVACY NOTICE.If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses
information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant &
Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice .DEEMED EXPORT
LICENSE NOTICE.Some positions may require a deemed export license
for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note:
Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications
so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated
sponsorship.PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19
MANDATEIn accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated
federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the
health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers,
and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure
employees and contractors working in the United States are expected
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date.
Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons,
you must initiate Pure's exemption request process which will
determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with
applicable local, state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Orlando , Principal Data Architect - Central/Southeast, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!