Sr. Functional Safety Lead
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Hybrid PositionThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Duran WorkmanAre you
a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and
sending us your resume.Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 per yearA bit
about us:We are a pioneer for developing ultra-fast charging
batteries that have a long battery life with superior margins for
safety. Our batteries are integrated in more than 30,000 vehicles,
running in 160 cities across 19 countries, and have traveled over
3.8 billion miles.Why join us?
- Industry leading benefits and 401k match
- competitive compensation package with aggressive short term and
long term stock encentive
- relocation package and/or sign-on bonus for this role
- Hybrid work schedule with flex hoursJob DetailsWe are looking
for a functional safety manager to join our battery management
system team in Orlando, FL, to optimize and improve the
architecture of the existing batteries regarding functional safety
and create the requirement and architecture for the new battery to
achieve ASIL-C according to ISO 26262 or SIL-3 to IEC 61508. The
functional safety manager will also perform accompaniment,
monitoring, control, and support the ASIL-C certification process
according to ISO 26262. He/She will develop the strategy of
functional safety for engineering and development.Essential Duties:
- Evaluation of existing battery systems according to functional
safety (ISO 26262 and IEC 61508) and preparation of the
documentation of the battery system regarding the requirements of
- Responsible for aligning the product development according to
ASPICE and ISO26262 requirements.
- Optimization and improvement of the architecture of the
existing batteries regarding safety and functional safety.
- Establish processes and best practices for FMEA, FTA, TSC,
- Conduct software release reviews to identify potential security
and functional safety vulnerabilities.
- Establish safety best practices concepts/instructions.
- Functional safety activity planning. Identify and tailor the
- Communicate with team members in different time zones (China
standard Time, Central European Time).
- Technical evaluation of the supplier for functional
- Technical support for supplier selection, qualification, and
- Review and approve of the technical design.
- Develop training and guidance documentation for all functional
safety processes and products.
- Tracking the industry trend and optimizing the system safety
- Review and evaluate the performance of the team for the ASIL-A
or higher standard projectBasic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in functional safety
- 3+ years of experience in electrical engineering development
- Good knowledge of the architecture of the HV battery
- Solid understanding of ISO 26262 and IEC 61508
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk analysis, safety assessment,
- Solid understanding of Medini Analyze or other related
- Analytical, systematic, and structured way of thinking
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills requiredDesired
- Functional Safety Certification (FSCAE - Functional Safety
Certified Automotive Engineering)
- ASPICE and IATF 16949 knowledgeInterested in hearing more? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Orlando , Sr. Functional Safety Lead, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!