Instructional Design - Lead
Company: Bluedrop USA
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Lead - Instructional Systems Designer responsible for the
development of online and blended training solutions. Working
effectively with Clients, Project Managers, Instructional
Designers, Subject Matter Experts and Multimedia Developers, you
will create custom training solutions that meet specific program
and organizational goals. Develop Learninglogics expertise and
conduct potential client demonstrations.What you will be doing:
- Lead a team for exceptional performance and provide ongoing
support so that team members can achieve their individual
performance targets and have basic, intermediate and/or advanced
skills to meet project needs.
- Creating storyboards that provide content hierarchy, navigation
instructions, text, media descriptions, scripts (narrative, video,
and animation), and programming notes while adhering to applicable
style guides and standards.
- Provide leadership to the ISD team by exhibiting positive
behavior and encouraging the same in others
- Support performance of ISDs through:
- Participating in resume evaluations and interviews for new ISD
- Providing orientation to new ISD hires
- Identifying strengths and areas of improvement of ISD team
- Participating in the development and management of Personal
- Organizing content into a sequence of topics to create a lesson
that aligns with the learning/training/performance
- Revising lessons in response to internal QA and client
- Selecting instructional/learning methods appropriate for the
target audience and lesson objective(s).
- Making media requests, tracking media development, and
incorporating developed media into target lessons.
- Support project success by collaborating with management in
project planning, noting observations, and evaluation of
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of instructional design
- Keeping abreast of new ISD technologies and sharing that
information with the management team
- Providing input to ISD best practices and procedures, ensuring
those are documented
- Train Instructional Designers as required, including:
- Requesting a GUI
- Developing and updating Courseware Design Documents
- Developing and updating various writing & style guides
- Designing and writing help systems, instructor guides, and
student guides. What do you need to succeed? Must haves:
- Must have a bachelor's or master's degree in the preferred
fields: Education, Adult Education, eLearning, or Instructional
- Proficient experience developing instructional courseware,
lesson plans, or curriculum in a technical environment.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in one or more LCMS and LMS
environments is required.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment and
demonstrate strong leadership skills. Nice to have:
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle
multiple initiatives, projects and deadlines while keeping up with
a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing eLearning software tools
(Articulate Storyline, Jira, Captivate, Lectora) is considered an
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Previous experience with US Military projects/contracts is
considered an asset.
Keywords: Bluedrop USA, Orlando , Instructional Design - Lead, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!