AH-64E Subject Matter Expert - Security Clearance Eligibility Required
Company: AVT Simulation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Ready for a culture shock? With a relaxed dress code, flexible
scheduling, and an approachable senior management team who are open
to hearing your feedback: were not your traditional corporate
culture. Operating more like a family than a small business, were
continually looking for ways to help our employees, as well as
provide a great work environment.
Every day, we get to work doing the same thing as the day before:
making the training for our military faster, better, and cheaper.
It was true at the inception of AVT Simulation and its just as true
Our mission is what drives us to do everything possible to get more
effective training to those who need it the most. We do that by
building a talented, diverse team that makes a positive impact on
our company and our work.
A subject matter expert understands, articulates and implements
best practices related to his area of expertise. Depending on the
work environment, the subject matter expert may lead or be an
active participant of a work group with the need for specialized
knowledge. The subject matter expert provides guidance on how his
area of capability can resolve an organizational need and actively
participates in all phases of the software development life
* Possess relevant, recent pilot/flight instructor knowledge in the
of the AH-64 D/E attack helicopter.
* Support engineering design and requirements evaluations.
* Recommends alterations to development and design to improve
quality of products and/or procedures.
* Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development
and implementation of technical products and systems.
* Conducts research.
* Leads or participates in the review process for technical design
* Supports activities concerned with technical development and
resolving engineering design and test problems.
* Supports system testing based on customer requirements.
* Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability
to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
* Keep programs and managers aware of task status.
* Work as part of a project team.
* Support new business development efforts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
* Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or
university leading to a bachelors or higher degree in engineering
or a related field. Substitutions: Four (4) years of professional
experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational
* AH-64E Pilot In Command (required).
* AH-64E Instructor (preferred).
* AH-64E V6.0 Experience (preferred).
* Link 16 Operations (highly desired).
* Familiar with military doctrine and tactics.
* Familiar with the development and production of live, virtual,
and constructive training.
* Must possess recent career experience as a practitioner in the
* Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security
Essential Mental Requirements
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills for
documentation, intra-team, and interdisciplinary communication.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Basic math skills including linear algebra.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex
* Ability to analyze problems using scientific and logical
* Possess strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
* Ability to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to interface with DoD professionals across all ranks.
Essential Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move
office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
* Computer, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
* Basic computer operating system (Linux, Windows)
* Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* US Government security clearance is required and candidate must
*Candidate has capacity to comply with the federally mandated
requirements of U.S. export control laws.
Founded in 1998 by an engineer, AVT Simulation is an Orlando-based,
end-to-end systems integration and full-service modeling and
simulation small business. Since our beginning, AVT's highly
specialized staff of engineers has included some of the top leaders
in the simulation industry. With an average of over 20 years of
simulation experience, our dedicated staff provides specialized
solutions for customers requiring on point solutions to complex
AVT has always been a company that strives to make a positive
difference in the lives we touch. These lives include our employees
and their families, our partner companies and their employees, and
ultimately the warfighters receiving our products and services. Our
core values are so very important to us as a company. They guide us
towards success. They make us a great company to work for and a
strong partner to work with.
- People First
- Mission Excellence
- Do the Right Thing
People First is our first and most important core value because we
firmly believe the success of AVT is directly related to supporting
our employees. We have a lot of fun (with regular employee events
and engagements), while still working hard to accomplish our
mission of serving our military and the warfighter.
We're looking for candidates that embody these core values, know
how to have fun while working hard, and think they would thrive in
an environment like ours. If you're a self-motivated individual,
then come join AVT. Come make your difference.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your
disability, request a reasonable accommodation by visiting
www.avtsim.com/careers and follow the instructions at the
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AVT Simulation, Orlando , AH-64E Subject Matter Expert - Security Clearance Eligibility Required, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!