Senior Social Worker (VJO) - Winter Park, Florida - Master of Social Work
Company: Orlando VA Medical Center
Location: Winter Park
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Senior Social Worker (VJO) - Winter Park, Florida
As a Senior Social Worker, the incumbent is also the key point of
contact between criminal justice entities and the national network
of VJP Specialists, as well as with the Orlando VA Healthcare
System. Some of the duties of this position include, but are not
- Develops processes to gain access to criminal justice settings,
which may include but is not limited to state and federal prisons,
county and city jails, and courthouses.
- Develops and utilizes processes for identifying veterans in
criminal justice settings, including developing processes for
verifying the veteran status and VHA eligibility of
- Provides outreach and case management to veterans in jail and
Veterans Treatment Court settings.
- Leads non-clinical program development activities that help
develop, maintain, or expand the program locally.
- Serves as OVAHCS's liaison with local law enforcement agencies,
to inform those agencies about locally-available resources for
veterans encountered in crisis situations.
- Actively participates in program planning and development,
advising the Homeless Program Supervisor and HCHV Coordinator of
shifting trends with caseloads and identifying the need for and
making recommendations on program procedure or policy changes based
upon work experiences.
- Participates in the orientation/teaching of graduate social
work/nursing students, students of other disciplines, and personnel
on the biopsychosocial aspects of homelessness.
- Takes responsibility for improving skills of other
professionals, participating in planning and executing specific
staff development projects, attending seminars and institutes, and
participating in training programs of other disciplines as
- Works with VA multi-disciplinary teams and community agencies
to strive for developing more effective and efficient ways of
delivering healthcare services to justice-involved
- Documents independently in the medical record utilizing paper
and/or electronic formats, including psychosocial assessments,
diagnostics, progress notes, follow up, and referral and documents
in the HOMES system.
- Responds to calls from the National Homeless Call Center and
provides coverage for other staff within the Homeless program on an
as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
nancial Disclosure Report:
Keywords: Orlando VA Medical Center, Orlando , Senior Social Worker (VJO) - Winter Park, Florida - Master of Social Work, Other , Winter Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!