Company: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Location: Orlando, FLJob Category: Field applicantSalary
Application InstructionsJr. Davis Construction Company Inc. builds
roads, bridges, and highways that connect our communities! We are
seeking passionate individuals eager to apply their skills to take
their careers to the next level. This position may operate hand and
power tools of all types and a variety of other equipment and
instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces
to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean
up rubble, debris, and other waste materials. May assist other
craft workers.JDC is one of the largest heavy highway and civil
construction firms in the state with over 1,000 employees, while
still retaining a family business atmosphere. We'll respect your
hard work and treat you like family.Company Benefits: We don't just
want to tell employees we care about them; we show it. That's why
we offer a comprehensive and competitive package to our
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Voluntary life
- Supplemental insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Complimentary Wellness Clinic servicesPosition Description
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or
tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to
project plans or specifications.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas
where construction work will be performed.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and
level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels,
pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic
barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters,
plasterers, or masons.Position or dismantle forms for pouring
concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts
- Other duties as assigned.Position Requirements
- Underground utility or pipe layer experience is a plus.
- Experience as a heavy equipment operator.
- 1 recent years' experience working as a general laborer.
- Active Driver license.
- Must have a safety-first attitude. Strict adherence to safety
requirements and procedures is required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- High School diploma.Physical Requirements:
- All work is performed outside in heat, cold, and inclement
- Exposure to loud noises, fumes, odors, gasses, dust, etc.
- Work in close proximity to heavy traffic.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods
of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use
abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands)
and multi-limb coordination.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds,
and occasionally objects weighing more than 75 pounds.
- Considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole
body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and
stoopingEqual Opportunity EmployerJDC promotes a drug-free
workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively
recruiting women and minorities for all open positions.
Keywords: Jr. Davis Construction Company, Inc., Orlando , Pipe Laborer, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!