Personal Banker - Winter Park
Company: Valley National Bank
Location: Winter Park
Posted on: November 23, 2021
As a Banking Service Professional, the Personal Banker will
provide effective support of sales and service activities within
the banking office, developing new business by educating existing
and potential clients and exemplifying Valley's quality service
standards. Provides a variety of banking solutions by analyzing
needs, recommending solutions and selling bank products and
services to existing and potential clients. Perform a variety of
routine banking transactions (teller and platform), while
supporting the Market Manager in achieving quality service and
complying with operational procedures.Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in
accordance with Valley's mission statement. Ability to engage
customers with friendly and professional service.
- Knowledge of all Bank products and services and ability to
educate and demonstrate customers on such, as well as cross sell
various products and services.
- Ability to present a confident and professional demeanor to
establish trust and gain knowledge from the customer. Analyze needs
and recommend appropriate products and services.
- Meets with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize
sales opportunities. Offers all bank products and assists with
other service needs, opens new accounts, i.e. checking, savings,
certificate of deposit and IRAs, discusses/sells loan products to
existing and prospective customers and possesses knowledge of
on-line banking and mobile banking abilities to promote and
demonstrate to customers.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations and achieving
service quality standards. Participates/oversees the sales referral
process ensuring customer financial needs are met and assists
management in coaching and mentoring branch staff members.
- Ability to perform all transactions required by a customer and
use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and
efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box. Ability to utilize
technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and
Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin
- Act as Vault Teller ensuring adequacy of Branch cash for daily
transactions by assisting the branch staff in ordering and shipping
currency & coin and controlling & distributing cash to Tellers in
- Assists in community events (i.e. Habitat for Humanity) etc.
Participates in and supports CRA initiatives, activities and
- Report all significant matters, issues and unusual customer
activity to Manager maintaining personal knowledge of compliance
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of
Conduct and all policies and procedures.Requirements:Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to write
correspondence and appropriately and accurately demonstrate
products and services to customers.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills,
attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing
with both customers and employees.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
to effectively uncover and resolve complex customer issues.
- Ability to make sound decisions which include making
on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing
customer satisfaction issues with the Bank exposure to loss or
fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
- Provides deep understanding of Retail Banking and strong
Customer Service Skills with the ability to engage customers in
conversation regarding products and services.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and high degree
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient computer skills.Required Experience:
- High School diploma or GED and minimum 2 years of business
services experience in branch banking and knowledge of branch
operations or 3 years of general banking experience with
demonstrated customer service skills.
- Associates or bachelor's degree with concentration in
accounting, business, finance, economics or a related field is
Keywords: Valley National Bank, Orlando , Personal Banker - Winter Park, Other , Winter Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!