Business Data Architect
Company: New Season
Posted on: October 15, 2021
For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a
leading national health care service provider of outpatient
treatment centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and
best in class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder
Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our
team members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment,
counseling, support, and care management of individuals living with
OUD. We treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the
underlying causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of
care that not only addresses treatment needs but supports the
patient on their journey to recovery.
The Business Data Architect will perform database performance
analysis, tuning and maintenance to ensure continued data integrity
and optimal performance. This role will manage and maintain the
Data Warehouse as operated and used by Colonial Management Group to
include further development and methods to update or insert new
data sources as well as monitor the security and usage within
determined specifications. Works with business stakeholders to
determine business need and apply industry standards to all
database solutions created.
- Identifies business intelligence and data requirements by
interviewing customers; analyzing department applications,
programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and
designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database and data warehouse
structures and processes and functional capabilities, database
security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Database/Model Design.
- Data Warehouse - Dimensional / Architecture Design.
- Report and Dashboard Design /Development
- Design Data Quality and Metadata architecture.
- Provide Ad-hoc reporting using transaction SQL
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and
flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating
- Coordinates with service providers and maintains database
performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters;
implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements;
evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training; providing information;
resolving problems. Provides information by answering questions and
- Administer a variety of database systems including Microsoft
SQL Server and others.
- Creating/Coding new database solutions based on a combination
of predetermined specifications, individual experience, and
industry best practices.
- Determine database structural requirements by working with
business stakeholders, and identifying optimal database
- Assisting internal customers with retrieving data from company
production systems whenever needed.
- Audit, modify and amend data in systems using SQL commands,
hand-editing, and bulk import.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues as they arise; ensure system is
- Hands-on experience in business intelligence life cycle,
reporting systems and dashboard tools such as Tableau or Power
- Strong in data modeling, defining and translating requirements,
and center approach to transform data to useful information
- Gather business requirements, design enterprise solutions and
implement solutions for end-to-end development
- Refining physical design of databases to meet storage
requirements, or makes recommendations for upgrading storage based
on projected DB growth
- Create, maintain, deploy and schedule SSIS packages using SQL
server data studio, Management studio and third party ETL
- Add new users to the system as needed. Administer server
database role and user access rights/permissions
- Plan and coordinate security measures alongside infrastructure
- Proactively monitor performance and capacity of databases
- Design and implement database objects, queries, reports and
- Collect user inputs for features/enhancements to front-end
applications - prioritize and then implement.
- Maintain process rigor in the
prioritization/implementation/testing of new features to minimize
disruption of the production lines
- Coordinates and collaborates with systems developers and
vendors as needed
- Collaborate with the business to design Data Policy
- Collaborate with the business to identify capabilities and
values in data objects.
- Design data quality practice and standard policy.
- On call support rotational duties should be expected.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Working knowledge in data modeling.
- Business Analyst experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of data warehouse technologies and
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
- 3-5 years of related experience in managing or serving as a
lead or primary Database Administrator of a small to medium sized
organization. 2 years of experience working with SQL Server 2012 or
- Experience using an IT Service Management tool for incident and
- Experience with DBA productivity tools
- Hands on experience with database performance tools (Toad, BMC
Skill and Ability:
- Detail oriented with good interpersonal skills and ability to
work as an effective team member with a broad array of people from
- Very effective troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn new technology and software applications
quickly without specialized training
- High level of customer service skills, and ability to fluctuate
technical communication level to suit users needs
- Ability to analyze technical problems and provide logical and
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply technical information
from resource manuals
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and
- Ability to train end users of varying backgrounds and degrees
of specialized understanding
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Keywords: New Season, Orlando , Business Data Architect, Other , Maitland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!