Pharmacy Technician I
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Performs the basic duties of a pharmacy technician in all
designated sites. Including and not limited to, prescription data
entry, as well as communicate and coordinate with all parties
necessary to insure timely shipping and delivery of prescription
orders. Pulls and labels medication for pharmacist verification.
Packs medications appropriately and affixes a shipping label after
the order has been verified by a pharmacist. Performs all basic
duties of a pharmacy technician allowable by legal licensure and
- Under the supervision of a pharmacist, picks and affixes labels
to packages of prepackaged and unit dose drugs in accordance with
the dispensing order. Prepares and affixes shipping labels to
the individual patient shipping containers.
- Answers external phone calls pertinent to department
- Assembles and packages medications, supplies and equipment in
appropriate shipping containers.
- Assists with maintaining accurate inventory through pulling
- Attends designated department meetings as scheduled.
- Communicates and coordinates internally with customer service,
billing, pharmacy, and shipping departments to move patient orders
through the system and meet the promised delivery date.
- Communicates by phone and fax as necessary with patient,
physician office, and insurance to make sure pharmacy has most
updated prescription and prior authorization information on
- Creates pre-packages supply items.
- Maintains necessary licensure needed for pharmacy
- Maintains the pharmacy department according to state and
- Picks supplies and equipment for patient orders as indicated on
the delivery ticket.
- Prepares delivery tickets including prescription and supply
items as necessary.
- Prints delivery tickets, collates and triages delivery tickets
according to excursion data.
- Receives and processes data entry of new and refill
prescriptions in the pharmacy computer system.
- Recognizes and identifies various classifications of
medications, dosage form and routes of administration.
- Verifies prescription elements are present on all
Must have pharmacy intern license as required by applicable
state laws OR:
Must have an active pharmacy technician licensure or
registration in accordance with state requirements.
If state does not require an exam for
possess both active pharmacy technician licensure or registration
in accordance with state requirements AND an active national
certification (e.g., PTCB or ExCPT).
In states that do not require licensure or registration,
must have an active national certification (e.g., PTCB or
Specialty or retail pharmacy industry experience, previous
reimbursement experience, and/or working in a health plan/health
Proficiency in Pharmacy computerized systems and software
applications, as well as MS Office Product Suite.
Excellent written and verbal communication
Ability to identify and trouble-shoot problematic
Pharmacy technician experience in prescription entry, picking,
labeling and preparing medication orders for pharmacist
Pharmacy Technician I
GED (Required), High School (Required)
Certifications - Required
CPT/ExCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements -
Pharmacy, Pharmacy Intern - Pharmacy
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Orlando , Pharmacy Technician I, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!