Streetlight Bucket Operator-Day Shift - ALS Reg 277
Company: American Lighting and Signalization, LLC - 277
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are currently seeking a Bucket Operator to join our American
Lighting and Signalization, LLC team in the Street Light
Construction and Maintenance Department.
- Performs work from aerial devices and ladders to install and
maintain streetlights and related equipment, also is able to climb
wooden poles to perform these duties.
- Assists with work from the ground.
- Employee will be exposed to hot and cold environments,
poisonous plants or reptiles, and stinging insects.
- Working hours is typically a 10 hours day.
- Clears work area and maintains safe jobsite conditions.
- Excavates to assist in the installation of structures or cable
as required by contract specification.
- Will have contact with public and private property owners to
communicate work to be performed.
- Participates in company training of all regional safety
guidelines and is required to perform all work by the regional
- Assists with assembling material on the ground.
- Exposed to traffic and may be required to have training on
- Operates various tools for the work (manual digging devices,
wrenches, hammers, come-alongs, jack hammer and hand-line
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, chain
saws and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- Must use meters and other testing devices on secondary voltages
up to 600 Volts.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors.
- Attendance requirements are 40 hours per week minimum.
- Must be available to work overtime when requested.
- Must be able to safely enter and exit the aerial device and
rear-end of the bucket and derrick trucks.
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods
- Must have no fear of heights and must be able to work
efficiently and effectively while working at heights.
- Must be able to meet and maintain weight restrictions for
bucket truck as identified by truck manufacturer.
- Must be able to follow directions, work safely &
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties
throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to
- Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays,
emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have a valid Driver s license.
- Must pass a background check and pass a motor vehicle records
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical in order to obtain a DOT
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the
requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees
must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended
periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as required by company
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather
while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 80 pounds on an
occasional basis, and up to 10 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and
coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Continously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of
the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation
should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Keywords: American Lighting and Signalization, LLC - 277, Orlando , Streetlight Bucket Operator-Day Shift - ALS Reg 277, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!