Company: The Cove at Tavares Village
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Driver/Activity Assistant is responsible to assist in
planning, organizing, and implement a program of therapeutic
activities designed to meet the social, spiritual, intellectual,
emotional, educational and physical needs and interest of residents
in accordance with the comprehensive resident care and Blackville
Healthcare and Rehabilitation policies, procedures and applicable
federal, state and local standards, and regulations. Also, they
will be involved in assistant residents to appointments and
scheduling with staff for all transportation to appointments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist plan, direct, organize, implement, evaluate and Assist
in directing the facility’s activities programs accordance with
- Assist Develop and implement policies and procedures for the
identification of medically related activity needs of
- Assist in developing activity programs based on our residents’
interests, needs and abilities, enhancing their wellness and
quality of life.
- Maintain documentation of activity programs and resident
participation in the programs according to established
- Create and maintain required records according to establish
facility procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing
required forms, reports, etc. and submitting to Executive
- Refer resident/family to appropriate social service personnel
when the facility does not provide the service or needs of
- Assist in planning activities for residents, arranges for
outside entertainment as needed. Develops materials for activities,
ensures that needed materials and equipment are available for
- Participate in department, volunteer, committee and individual
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) conducted by
government agencies and ensure required compliance.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well
as professional standards of practice
- Maintain positive public relations program that serves the best
interest of the facility and residents.
- Organize information/data to identify trends and problems
within your department; review information to determine underlying
issues. Generate measures to achieve business goals, review with
- Maintain appointment schedules and assist in properly
transporting residents to appointments as needed.
Position Requirement and Skills
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Have exceptional problem-solving and time management
- Ability to multitask.
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Remain flexible and adaptable.
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain
good employee relations and employee morale.
- Engage others in fun and creative activities.
Education & Experience
- Must possess a good driving record
- Minimum of two-years senior living, hospice, in-home health
care, or skilled nursing experience in a therapeutic recreation and
/ or senior activities role
Physical Requirements and Environmental
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of the facility which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to relate to and work with those who are ill,
disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile, within
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, and repetitive motions
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients. Requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum
weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling
objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and
- Must be able to move intermittently through the workday
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents,
staff, and support agencies.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that
enable the senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of the position can be fully met.
Keywords: The Cove at Tavares Village, Orlando , Driver, Other , Tavares, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!