Company: Vitality Senior Living
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB TITLE: Transportation / Community Driver
CATEGORY : Hourly/Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Business Office Director
At YourLife, we inspire our associates to realize their goals,
while touching the lives of others. We embrace our associates as
they deliver personalized care and services that cater to our
resident's individual choices and preferences. We empower our
associates to make a difference in the lives of those in their care
through ongoing training, unwavering support and a culture of
growth and momentum.
To be part of an energetic team, devoted to delivering a unique
and enjoyable customer service experience for our residents and
Responsible for providing safe, courteous transportation service
for our residents. Coordinates vehicle pre-maintenance,
maintenance, and repairs to ensure vehicle longevity.
- Drives vehicle from community to social and other various
destinations according to assigned schedule.
- Assists residents into and out of vehicle in a safe
- Secures passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to
stabilize wheelchairs during trip.
- Practices safe driving techniques at all times.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and
accessories and reports and coordinates vehicle maintenance
- Establishes and monitors daily and weekly trip inspection and
preventative maintenance programs and maintains records regarding
the maintenance of all vehicles.
- Delivers groceries and other belongings to resident's
- Assists the Activities Director in activities and programs as
- Ensures charges are submitted to the business office daily for
community travel expenses.
- Maintains a safe driving record according to company
- Handles emergency situations and basic First Aid.
- Assists with escorting residents to engagement.
- Develop strong relationships with family members of
- Perform staff duties necessary for immediate community
operation in case of staffing problems.
- Respect dignity and confidentiality standards and promote
- Complete or assist with special projects as requested by
community or senior management.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the company.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to the Executive
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Current commercial driver's license (CDL) may be required with
an acceptable driving
record in accordance with Federal Department of Transportation
- Experience in customer service environment, preferably in a
senior living setting.
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with
- Competent in organization, time management skills and handling
- Desire to work with older adults and their families
- Project a positive and professional image at all times.
- Driver certification requires clean driving record, clean
background/drug check, and
CPR/First Aid training.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A working environment where your voice will be heard, and your
experience will be respected and appreciated
- Innovated and vibrant working environment committed to creating
unique experiences for our residents, team members and
- Effective and collaborative training and onboarding
- Engaged company support team
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, employer
paid life insurance
- Potential to advance with a dynamic growing organization
Keywords: Vitality Senior Living, Orlando , Transportation/Community Driver, Other , Wildwood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!