Purchasing Specialist - AMCO
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Product Specialist is responsible for the inventory analysis,
margin approval, and business allocation of one or more assigned
product lines. The Product Specialist serves as the primary point
of contact for sellers to obtain pricing and availability. The
Product Specialist gathers information from the sales team, and
collaborates with the Product Coordinator and Product Manager for
planning of inventory mix, placement, and levels. The Product
Specialist is an extension of the Product Manager, and given the
authority to make all operational decisions for the product line.
The objectives of the position is to drive sales through
responsiveness, ensure sound business decisions are made on a
transactional level, and control costs through proper planning.
- Responsible for interfacing with the sales force for all
purchasing related matters not requested by CSR.
- Managing inventory positions in coordination with PM. Includes
forecasting, allocation assignments and intercompany
- Responsible for allocating all materials to sales orders as
needed and in a timely manner.
- Communicate any changes directly to the affected CSR and Sales
- Analyze each shipping order to ensure acceptable margin is
maintained with each order, and exceptions are overridden for
- Evaluate each transaction taking market conditions, customer
status, and inventory position to execute the best business
decision for Entec.
- If the Product Specialist decides that the margin is not
acceptable per the conditions above, they are to inform the PM and
contact sales representative with recommendation to rectify.
- Responsible for forecasting "A" inventory items and placing POs
with suppliers for "A" items. PS may pass PO placement to PC for
- Establish need for material
- Analyze usage versus buying rules and carrying costs to
identify correct levels and placement of inventory
- Identify ratable business versus spot business in order to hold
inventory for core business
- Work with sellers to obtain customer forecasts and blanket
- Limit aged inventory through inventory movement
- Responsible for management of supply material agreements with
regards to inventory availability.
- Responsible for providing supplier forecasts as required by
- Responsible for approving material movements (warehouse to
warehouse) and intercompany sales.
- In the absence of the PM, responsible for cost approvals and
assisting in desired material availability.
- Responsible for any cost related requests made by the PM for
his/her assigned product line.
- Responsible for maintaining and assisting in depletion of aged
- Monitor railcars and ensure movement to avoid demurrage.
- Approve RGA's, CAR's and claims for damages and advise
disposition of material upon return.
- Approve Demurrage Invoices.
- Analyze material locations for optimal placement.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 2 years of Ravago business knowledge/experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in distribution preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize
- Good at multitasking
- Adaptability and flexibility a must
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Ravago Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer. We
adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to
race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability,
veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure
you that your opportunity for employment with this employer depends
solely upon your qualifications.
- Job Family CORP SHARED SERVICES JOB FAMILY
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: Ravago, Orlando , Purchasing Specialist - AMCO, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!