Land Development Manager
Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Posted on: June 12, 2021
VHB as a business is a company of passionate engineers,
scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in
the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology,
and energy industries-serving a range of public- and private-sector
clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing
communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs
with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It's not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of
the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East
Coast. We're growing, and we hope you'll join us!
About the Position
VHB's Orlando, FL office is seeking a Land Development Manager
to join our growing Land Development and Planning and Design team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team,
across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety
of projects in size and scope. Our past and present clients include
residential, commercial, industrial, hospitality, and institutional
clients from throughout the eastern United States.
- Identify, develop, and manage project pursuit
- Assist in the preparation of land entitlement permitting
- Develop project scopes and work plans for effective and
efficient delivery of design services.
- Lead a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering
plans and specifications for a multitude of small, medium, and
large land development projects
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a
variety of projects including large-scale industrial developments,
corporate/commercial, residential, institutional, hospitality,
healthcare, parks and recreation and various other types of public
and private site development
- Responsible for project financial performance and client
- Verbal presentation and representation of projects
- Design charrette team member
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and
stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting
issues with them
- Travel as necessary to service projects/design
- Participation as an integral member of VHB's Land Development
and Planning and Design practice, which includes collaboration and
work sharing with VHB's offices throughout the East Coast.
- Work with and coordinates with Regional Land Development Market
and Service Leaders
- Manage team workload and actively develop and mentor
junior-level and mid-level staff
Skills and Attributes
- Proven record of strong business development, building and
maintain strong Client relationships, strategic planning, and
- Highly Proficient in the following: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft
Project, MS Office. ArcGIS skills highly desirable
- Skills to implement the integrated services approach.
Comprehensive understanding of design, details, and construction
drawing preparation including site layout, grading, hardscape,
drainage, and planting.
- Knowledge of land development construction including codes and
- Knowledge of construction materials and detailing. Detail
drawings, sections, and material specifications
- Experience with green initiative programs and low-impact design
- Excellent innovative design skills.
- Project research and analysis
- Strong, creative engineering skills and ability to adhere to
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 12+ years of increasing engineering experience on complex
projects and team management
- PE licensure in Florida
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong organizational skills required to undertake multiple
projects or facets of various projects.
- Strong project coordination and project management skills
- Strong team collaboration skills and proven record of building
and managing the team of land development engineers, planners, and
- Comfortable in coordinating input from various organizations
for public/private collaboration, including multi-discipline
project efforts working with allied professionals such as
architects, civil engineers, and planners
- Experience in developing and compiling/producing site plans,
construction documents, specification, and engineering reports
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their
employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe
return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC
We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Orlando , Land Development Manager, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!