Primary Care Physician - Pine Hills - Florida
Company: Humana Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CenterWell Senior Primary Care, a subsidiary of Humana Inc., is
the new brand for a primary care medical group practice with
centers open or opening in Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas.
CenterWell Senior Primary Care has a strong emphasis on
senior-focused primary care for members of Medicare Advantage
health plans and is committed to providing personalized,
high-quality primary care combined with an excellent patient
experience. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has experience in both
the treatment and management of most chronic and acute-care
conditions. The practices also provide health education and
value-added, well-being services at the centers and around their
neighborhoods to help both patients and community members improve
At CenterWell Senior Primary Care, we want to help those in the
communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best
lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier,
and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We
promote lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh
perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their
careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a
positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Primary Care Physician (PCP) works as a lead in our
team-based care environment. We are a value based care provider
focused on quality of care for the patients we serve. Our care team
consists of doctors, advanced practice professionals, Pharm D, care
coach nurses, MAs, behavioral health specialists, quality based
coders, referral coordinators and more. Our approach allows us to
provide an unmatched experience for seniors. Our model is
positioned to provide higher quality care and better outcomes for
seniors by providing a concierge experience, multidisciplinary
services, coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and
deep community relationships. This robust support allows our PCP to
see fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with
standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and
monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but
not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination,
durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as an active participant and key source of medical
expertise with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps Regional Medical Director and Center Administrator in
setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a
professional and approachable demeanor.
- Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner
working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding
- Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical
- Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data,
policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or
existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care "on-call" program of
CenterWell Senior Primary Care as needed.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and
- Spend 100% of your time clinically focused on direct patient
care, inclusive of patient facing time and general administrative
time (charting, meetings, etc.) as it relates to direct patient
- Current and unrestricted medical license in Texas or willing to
obtain a medical licenses in Texas prior to employment, and
eligible and willing to obtain licenses in other states in the
region of assignment, as required
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal
relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care"
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value
based care setting
- Superior patient/customer service
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of
CenterWell Senior Primary Care's Tuberculosis (TB) screening
program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be
screened for TB
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with
understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a
value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
- Board Certification or Eligible to become certified (ABMS or
AOA) in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Keywords: Humana Inc., Orlando , Primary Care Physician - Pine Hills - Florida, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!